Connect with a Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist | TiEcon 2023
VC Connect is your opportunity to get valuable and timely feedback from seasoned Silicon Valley venture capitalists. These VCs have invested in and helped grow startups from the earliest stages to exit. Their expertise spans AI, blockchain, security, cloud, enterprise applications and more.
Date: Wednesday - May 3, 2023
Time: 2:00pm - 4:30pm PST
Location: Hall A1 - Santa Clara Convention Center
2:00pm - Registration and Networking
2:30pm - Roundtable Round 1
3:30pm - Roundtable Round 2
Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs working full-time on their startup
- Entrepreneurs seeking advice related to company building topics like team, marketing, sales, and, of course, fundraising.
- Only 1 founder per startup is allowed to participate.
- This is not a formal pitch session and slides are not allowed.
- Up to 3 entrepreneurs will have a roundtable discussion with a VC for 50 minutes. Then, VCs will be rotated and you will have a second session with a different VC. This lets you get feedback from 2 investors over nearly 2 hours.
- VC Connect is a $149 add-on ($199 for non-TiE members) to your TiEcon registration. Prices change after May 1, 2023.
- After registering, submit the qualification form sent for consideration.
- Eligible participants will receive an email with their assigned session time and VCs by April 29.
- Anyone who does not qualify for the program will have their VC Connect fee refunded after TiEcon.
- Space is limited and assigned first-come, first-served.
- Deadline to register and submit your application: April 15.
National Grid Partners
Raghu Madabushi is a Director at National Grid Partners investing in early stage companies in the broad enterprise SW vertical. Raghu has 20+ years of experience with technology, capital markets, and IP/innovation.
He comes from SRI Ventures and GE Ventures prior to that, where he invested in deep tech and industrial infrastructure (SW, HW, and telecom). Prior to this, he managed a large portfolio of collaborative open-source technology projects while at the Linux Foundation and headed the startup investing business at Intellectual Ventures (IV) helping invest in early stage startups.
Prior to IV, Raghu held buy-side and sell-side roles at Wall Street firms (Oppenheimer & Co, Collins Stewart) and brings extensive experience in the hardware and software design space having worked in various roles including, semiconductor fabrication, chip design, systems architecture, strategy, and marketing (Texas Instruments, Intel, Cadence Design Systems).
Raghu received an MBA in Finance and Investments from Southern Methodist University, an MS in Computer Engineering from Iowa State University, and serves as a Kauffman Fellow. You can often catch him honing his mean backhand at a badminton court, with fellow investors and founders.
Micron Tech VC fund
Gayathri is a Director Venture Capitalist at Micron Tech. Micron is a world leader in innovative memory solutions that transform how the world uses information. We have approximately 40,000 team members in 17 countries who work with the world’s most trusted brands, delivering memory and storage systems for a broad range of applications and sparking countless possibilities in technology.
Before Micron, Gayathri was a Venture Partner at Impact Venture Capital, VP Product Management at Pensa Inc., Head of Product at Catalina Labs Inc., and Director of Strategy and Corporate Development and Senior Manager Strategy and Corporate Development at Dell.
I help support early stage (Seed/Series A) entrepreneurs as they disrupt the healthcare industry.
Prior to venture capital, I had been a data scientist and helped manage data operations at firms ranging from 4 to 200 people for 7+ years. I have a lot of experience within different types of data organizations in the healthcare and advertising industries.
Monta Vista Capital
Iron Pillar fund
Great North Ventures
NTT Docomo Ventures
Monta Vista & Sure Ventures
Select Participating VCs
TiEcon 2023 Entrepreneur Programs
Fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention with the help of seasoned Bootcamp instructors.Learn MoreLearn More about Startup Bootcamp01
Opportunity to receive direct feedback from successful VCs for budding entrepreneurs.Learn MoreLearn More about VC Connect02
A structured, small group setting for mentorship from successful Silicon Valley entrepreneurs.Learn MoreLearn More about Mentor Connect03
A prestigious annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.Learn MoreLearn More about TiE50 Awards04
An opportunity to showcase your product to a variety of audiences including enterprises, professionals, investors, and mediaLearn MoreLearn More about Expo05
AI/ML Bootcamp is designed to provide a brief overview of some of the latest topics in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.Learn MoreLearn More about AI/ML Bootcamp06