What is TiE 50?
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley's premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, and entrepreneurs; online virtual showcasing, technology and business partnering/networking.
Now in its thirteenth year, the prestigious TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups with no restrictions placed on any specific technology segment.
Since the inception of the TiE50 program, 84% of the winners and top startups have been funded with over a billion $. Many of these companies went on to get acquired or had an IPO. At least 29 of the exits were over $100 Million, e.g., FireEye (IPO), Mulesoft (IPO), Pearl Therapeutics (acquired by Astra Zeneca), and Velocloud (acquired by VMware).
We invite all startups worldwide, particularly early-stage companies to participate.
TiE SV and TiE50 program is also in partnership with the "Meet the Drapers" show. 10 companies will be selected by the Draper Team to pitch to them at TiEcon 2022 and have a chance to win a spot on season 6 of Meet the Drapers show.
How does TiE50 work?
A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to select the best-of-breed finalists! The TiE50 finalists are put through another level of final judging to pick the very best TiE50 winners.
Selected companies will pitch on day 1 of the conference with a 3 minute video recording and will have the opportunity for live Q&A.
- Application Benefits
- 4 Free Passes to Attend TiEcon conference
- Discounted expo booth ($150 i.e. 50% discount)
- Discounted Startup Bootcamp
- Discounted VC Connect
- Complimentary Mentor Connect
- Winner Benefits
- Thousands of dollars in credits from our partners; Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Freshworks, and others
- Opportunity to network with Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and some of the brightest minds of Silicon Valley
- $800+ VALUE encompassing Annual Membership to TiE Silicon Valley chapter for 2 team members ($300 value), Two Complimentary passes to TiEcon 2023 ($200 value) and discounted rates for VC Connect, Mentor Connect and complimentary TiEcon Expo ($300 value)
- Year rounding branding on TiEcon and TiE SV website that draw over 25k visitors every month
- TiE50 winner showcase & Virtual awards ceremony TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on the website on April 27th. Winner Showcase (3 min presentation and 2 min. live Q&A with investors for feedback) will be held on Thursday, May 5 at 9:00 am. The Awards Ceremony will be announced after the opening Grand Keynote on Saturday, May 7 at 9:00 AM.
- Do I qualify? Companies must be privately held and of good legal standing.
- How do I apply? TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner for the infrastructure to run the awards program. All 2022 applicants must apply and register on TheBizPlanner to apply for the TiE50 Awards Program.
- Who are the judges? Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process are confidential. Each external judge will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. External judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
A nominal application fee includes four complimentary single two-day passes to the TiECon 2022 conference, discounted Virtual Expo, VC Connect, and complimentary Mentor Connect.
Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations with fully paid application fee are automatically confirmed by email. Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address.
Awards Program Recognizing World's Technology Startups
Apply on TheBizPlanner website and pay for the application fee to successfully submit your application.
- $259 by April 24 (Special pricing)
Deadlines and dates
- Registration open: Friday, March 4 at 12:00 am PST
- Registration close: Sunday, April 24 at 11:55 pm PST
- Winner announcement: Thursday, April 28. Winners will be announced by email and on our website
- TiE50 Showcase: Thursday, May 5 from 9:00 am - 2:30 pm PST
- Awards Ceremony: Saturday, May 7 at 9:00 am PST
- Meet the Drapers: Saturday, May 7 at 9:30 am PST
Kumar Sripadam is a technology entrepreneur, business consultant, angel/VC investor and mentor. He has 30+ years of experience in the high technology sector. He has held several senior and executive positions in various startups. Kumar was a Founding Member of Redback Networks, a hugely successful IPO company.
He is a GP at Elevate Capital and is also the Chair of TiE Angels Silicon Valley. He is also a Charter Member and a Board member of TiE-Silicon Valley. He is an Executive Committee Member of Arc Angel Fund NYC. He is also a mentor and an advisor at many Silicon Valley accelerators and incubators. He holds an MSEE from Southern Illinois University. He is a member of the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi. He is an active speaker on the topics of entrepreneurship and angel investing.
Dr. Anand Jagannathan is a successful serial entrepreneur with a track record of founding and running successful companies over a span of thirty five years. His five companies includes two IPOs - Banyan Systems and Responsys.
Anand' other companies were Reach Software, an early pioneer in email and workflow; iStorez which powered ‘Shopping deal centers' across the Internet's major shopping sites; and Engage.Social, a leader in social media marketing that powered conferences like TiEcon, and PM Modi's visit to California.
Anand is currently active as a startup mentor and angel investor for IIT startups and TiE Angel companies. He has a portfolio of twenty plus companies, spanning insure tech, security monitoring, streaming media, bio-tech, block chain and alternative food.
Anand started his career at AT&T's Bell Laboratories and then worked at Data General before starting is first company in 1983.
Anand has a Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from Rice University and a B.Tech. Electrical from IIT Kanpur.
Sandeep is a key strategist, proven CEO, trusted board director and advisor, highly effective coach and mentor, bold thinker and innovator, awesome team builder and a high performance global tech business leader.
Sandeep is currently an Executive Partner at Siris Capital Group, a leading private equity firm. Throughout his three decades of leadership in business and technology, Sandeep has created disruptive and high-impact transformational businesses with great success, delivering significant stakeholder returns.
Sandeep was the CEO & Managing Director of Zensar Technologies, and the Group Management Board at RPG Enterprises from 2016 to 2021. Sandeep shaped a bold turnaround of Zensar from a legacy IT company to a relevant and100% living digital enterprise. Zensar's digital transformation has the distinct, dual honor of being featured as a case study by both Harvard Business School (2018) and London Business School (2020). With Sandeep at the helm, Zensar grew to be an approximately $600 million revenue company with global talent at over 10,000 people.
Before joining Zensar in 2016, Sandeep was with HCL Technologies for over twenty-five years, where he built several Billion-dollar businesses. Sandeep was a Corporate Officer at HCL Technologies. He was the Global Head of Life Sciences, Healthcare and Public Services, a $1.1 Billion business. Under Sandeep's leadership as Global Head for Engineering and R&D Services, he built this business to over $1.2 Billion.
Sandeep is an alumnus of globally-renowned IIT Bombay. In addition to his business management and technology leadership career, Sandeep is a prolific poet. He has authored and published two bilingual books of Hindi-English poems, Your Shadow Wants to Walk Alone and Old Seeds of a New Tree. The Economic Times called Sandeep, "The CEO Poet." He is also the co-founder of Har Asha Foundation, a non-profit organization. www.sandeepkishore.com
TiE Silicon Valley Team
TiEcon 2022 Entrepreneur Programs
Startup bootcamp instructors fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention.Learn MoreLearn More about Startup Bootcamp01
A program where entrepreneurs get an opportunity to receive direct feedback from successful VCs.Learn MoreLearn More about VC Connect02
A flagship program where a structured environment is provided to receive Mentorship from Silicon Valley veterans in a small setting.Learn MoreLearn More about Mentor Connect03
TiE 50 Awards
A prestigious annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.Learn MoreLearn More about TiE 50 Awards04
An opportunity to showcase your product to a variety of audiences including enterprises, professionals, investors, and mediaLearn MoreLearn More about Expo05