What is TiE50?
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley's premier annual awards program, contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, and entrepreneurs; in-person product showcasing, and business partnering/networking.
Now in the fourteenth year, the prestigious TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups. We invite all startups worldwide to participate, particularly early-stage companies to participate.
Since the inception of the TiE50 program, about 85% of the winners and top startups have been funded with over a billion dollars. Many of these companies got acquired or went IPO. At least 29 of the exits were over $100 Million, e.g., FireEye (IPO), Mulesoft (IPO), Pearl Therapeutics (acquired by Astra Zeneca), and Velocloud (acquired by VMware).
TiE SV and the TiE50 program is also in partnership with the "Meet the Drapers" show. Approximately 10 to 12 companies from the 50 winners will be selected by the Draper Team to pitch to them at TiEcon 2023 and have a chance to win a spot on season 6 of "Meet the Drapers" show.
How does TiE50 work?
A select panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives, and successful entrepreneurs will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, traction, and team. This process weeds through the applicant pool to select the very best startup finalists.
The selected startups will pitch on May 4 at TiEcon 2023 with a 3 minute video recording and will have the opportunity for live Q&A.
- Application Benefits
- 1 Free Pass to attend TiEcon conference
- Discounted additional passes to TiEcon
- Discounted expo booth
- Discounted Startup Bootcamp
- Discounted VC Connect
- Winner Benefits
- Opportunity to network with Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and some of the brightest minds of Silicon Valley
- $800+ VALUE encompassing Annual Membership to TiE Silicon Valley chapter for 1 team member ($150 value), One Complimentary pass to TiEcon 2023 ($249 value), discounted prices for additional team members to attend TiEcon 2023 and discounted rates for VC Connect & TiEcon Expo ($300 value), & Complimentary Mentor Connect ($49 value)
- Year rounding branding on the TiEcon website
- Awards Ceremony TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on the website on April 24th. Winner Showcase (3 min presentation and 2 min. live Q&A with investors for feedback) will be held on Thursday, May 4. The Awards Ceremony will be announced after the opening Grand Keynote on Wednesday, May 4 at 9:00 AM.
- Do I qualify? Companies must be privately held and of good legal standing.
- How do I apply? TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner for the infrastructure to run the awards program. All 2023 applicants must apply and register on TheBizPlanner to apply for the TiE50 Awards Program.
- Who are the judges? Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process are confidential. Each external judge will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. External judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
- A nominal application fee includes one complimentary single two-day pass to the TiECon 2023 conference, discounted Virtual Expo, VC Connect, and complimentary Mentor Connect.
- Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations with fully paid application fee are automatically confirmed by email. Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
- Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address.
- Awards Program Recognizing World's Technology Startups
Apply on TheBizPlanner website and pay for the application fee to successfully submit your application.
- $249 by March 22 - Back by popular demand & courtesy of our sponsors.
- $399 by April 02
- $499 by April 09
- $549 by April 16 - Final registration deadline, Sunday 11:59PM.
- Registration open: Wednesday, February 15 at 8:00 am PST
- Registration close: Wednesday, April 12 at 11:59 pm PST
- Winner announcement: Monday, April 24th ***Winners will be announced by email and on our website***
- TiE50 Showcase: Thursday, May 4 from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST
- Awards Ceremony: Thursday, May 4 at 9:00 am PST
- Meet the Drapers: Thursday, May 4 at 11:15 am PST
- Sponsored Social Event: Thursday, May 4 at 4:30 pm PST
When and Where:Date May 4, 2023
Award Ceremony - 9:50:00 AM to 10:30:00 AM - Main Stage
TurboStart and Beyond Code Presentations - 10:30:00 AM to10:38:00 AM - Main Stage
Meet The Drapers - 10:40:00 AM to 12:27:00 PM - Main Stage
EisnerAmper Networking Lunch - 12:30:00 PM to 2:00:00 PM - Hall JK
TiE50 Showcase - 2:02:00 PM to 5:05:00 PM - Hall JK
Able Innovations Inc.
Clootrack Software Labs
CogniCor Technologies Inc.
iTriangle Infotech Pvt Ltd
NewNet Secure Transactoins Inc
Rajesh Laboratories Private Limited
RubanBridge Pvt. Ltd
Strobes Security Inc
Kumar Sripadam is a technology entrepreneur, business consultant, angel/VC investor and mentor. He has 30+ years of experience in the high technology sector. He has held several senior and executive positions in various startups. Kumar was a Founding Member of Redback Networks, a hugely successful IPO company.
He is a GP at Elevate Capital and is also the Chair of TiE Angels Silicon Valley. He is also a Charter Member and a Board member of TiE-Silicon Valley. He is an Executive Committee Member of Arc Angel Fund NYC. He is also a mentor and an advisor at many Silicon Valley accelerators and incubators. He holds an MSEE from Southern Illinois University. He is a member of the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi. He is an active speaker on the topics of entrepreneurship and angel investing.
Dr. Anand Jagannathan is a successful serial entrepreneur with a track record of founding and running successful companies over a span of thirty five years. His five companies includes two IPOs - Banyan Systems and Responsys.
Anand' other companies were Reach Software, an early pioneer in email and workflow; iStorez which powered ‘Shopping deal centers' across the Internet's major shopping sites; and Engage.Social, a leader in social media marketing that powered conferences like TiEcon, and PM Modi's visit to California.
Anand is currently active as a startup mentor and angel investor for IIT startups and TiE Angel companies. He has a portfolio of twenty plus companies, spanning insure tech, security monitoring, streaming media, bio-tech, block chain and alternative food.
Anand started his career at AT&T's Bell Laboratories and then worked at Data General before starting is first company in 1983.
Anand has a Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science from Rice University and a B.Tech. Electrical from IIT Kanpur.
Sandeep is a key strategist, proven CEO, trusted board director and advisor, highly effective coach and mentor, bold thinker and innovator, awesome team builder and a high performance global tech business leader.
Sandeep is currently an Executive Partner at Siris Capital Group, a leading private equity firm. Throughout his three decades of leadership in business and technology, Sandeep has created disruptive and high-impact transformational businesses with great success, delivering significant stakeholder returns.
Sandeep was the CEO & Managing Director of Zensar Technologies, and the Group Management Board at RPG Enterprises from 2016 to 2021. Sandeep shaped a bold turnaround of Zensar from a legacy IT company to a relevant and100% living digital enterprise. Zensar's digital transformation has the distinct, dual honor of being featured as a case study by both Harvard Business School (2018) and London Business School (2020). With Sandeep at the helm, Zensar grew to be an approximately $600 million revenue company with global talent at over 10,000 people.
Before joining Zensar in 2016, Sandeep was with HCL Technologies for over twenty-five years, where he built several Billion-dollar businesses. Sandeep was a Corporate Officer at HCL Technologies. He was the Global Head of Life Sciences, Healthcare and Public Services, a $1.1 Billion business. Under Sandeep's leadership as Global Head for Engineering and R&D Services, he built this business to over $1.2 Billion.
Sandeep is an alumnus of globally-renowned IIT Bombay. In addition to his business management and technology leadership career, Sandeep is a prolific poet. He has authored and published two bilingual books of Hindi-English poems, Your Shadow Wants to Walk Alone and Old Seeds of a New Tree. The Economic Times called Sandeep, "The CEO Poet." He is also the co-founder of Har Asha Foundation, a non-profit organization. www.sandeepkishore.com
TiE Silicon Valley Team
Pier 70 Ventures
TiEcon 2023 Entrepreneur Programs
Fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention with the help of seasoned Bootcamp instructors.Learn MoreLearn More about Startup Bootcamp01
Opportunity to receive direct feedback from successful VCs for budding entrepreneurs.Learn MoreLearn More about VC Connect02
A structured, small group setting for mentorship from successful Silicon Valley entrepreneurs.Learn MoreLearn More about Mentor Connect03
A prestigious annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.Learn MoreLearn More about TiE50 Awards04
An opportunity to showcase your product to a variety of audiences including enterprises, professionals, investors, and mediaLearn MoreLearn More about Expo05
AI/ML Bootcamp is designed to provide a brief overview of some of the latest topics in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.Learn MoreLearn More about AI/ML Bootcamp06