What is TiE 50?
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley's premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, and entrepreneurs; online virtual showcasing, and technology and business partnering/networking.
Now in its twelfth year, the prestigious TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups with no restrictions placed on any specific technology segment.
How does TiE50 work?
A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to select the best-of-breed finalists! The TiE50 finalists are put through another level of final judging to pick the very best TiE50 winners.
- Application Benefits
- 4 Free Passes to Attend TiEcon conference
- Discounted expo booth ($150 i.e. 50% discount)
- Discounted Startup Bootcamp
- Discounted VC Connect
- Complimentary Mentor Connect
- Winner Benefits
- Thousands of dollars in credits from our partners like Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, Freshworks, and others
- Opportunity to network with Venture Capitalists, Angel Investors, and some of the brightest minds of Silicon Valley
- $800+ VALUE encompassing Annual Membership to TiE Silicon Valley chapter for 2 team members ($300 value), Two Complimentary passes to TiEcon 2021 ($200 value) and discounted rates for VC Connect, Mentor Connect and complimentary TiEcon Expo ($300 value)
- Year rounding branding on TiEcon and TiE SV website that draw over 20k visitors every month
- TiE50 winner showcase & Virtual awards ceremony TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on the website on April 30th. Winner Showcase (3 min presentation and 2 min. live Q&A with investors for feedback) will be held on Friday, May 7th at 9:00 AM PDT. The Awards Ceremony will be announced after the opening Grand Keynote on Saturday, May 8 at 9:00 AM
- Do I qualify? Companies must be privately held and less than 7 years old.
- How do I apply? TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner for the infrastructure to run the awards program. All 2021 applicants must apply and register on TheBizPlanner to apply for the TiE50 Awards Program.
- Who are the judges? Confidentiality Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
A nominal application fee includes four complimentary single two-day passes to the TiECon 2021 conference, discounted Virtual Expo, VC Connect, and complimentary Mentor Connect.
Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations that paid the application fee are automatically confirmed by email. Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address.
Awards Program Recognizing World's Technology Startups
Apply on TheBizPlanner website and pay for the application fee to successfully submit your application.
- February 1 - March 7 $395 Early Bird Pricing
- March 8 - April 25 $595
Deadlines and dates
- Applications open: February 1, at 12:00 AM
- Applications close: Tuesday, April 27, at 11:59 PM
- Winners announcement: Friday, April 30. Winners will be announced by email and on our website
- TiE50 Showcase: Thursday, May 6 at 8:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
- Awards Ceremony: Saturday, May 8 at 9:00 am - 9:30 am PST
Vipul Singhal is founder and President of TechOne, Inc., a digital transformation consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients like Intel, Kaiser Permanente, Roche and Cisco Systems. He has broad and deep understanding of SaaS/Software business in the B2B and B2C environments.
Vipul is passionate about innovation, blockchain, impact oriented startups and angel investments. He is a TiE charter member, an active angel and a member of the TiE-SV-Angels's screening committee. Nowadays he leads IUL investment syndicates. Some of his investments include BrainCorp, Brex, IrriGreen, Moesif, ObsessVR, PlayTable, Quest.ai, Seneca… Vipul received his B.Tech from IIT, Roorkee and M.Tech from NITIE, Mumbai, India.
For fun, in his younger days, he biked from Bombay to Goa (600kms) on a single gear Indian bicycle and hiked MacClehose Trail (100kms non-stop) in Hong Kong. Nowadays he is a "recovering foodie and audiophile
Kumar Sripadam is a technology entrepreneur, business consultant, angel/VC investor and mentor. He has 30+ years of experience in the high technology sector. He has held several senior and executive positions in various startups. Kumar was a Founding Member of Redback Networks, a hugely successful IPO company.
He is a GP at Elevate Capital and is also the Chair of TiE Angels Silicon Valley. He is also a Charter Member and a Board member of TiE-Silicon Valley. He is an Executive Committee Member of Arc Angel Fund NYC. He is also a mentor and an advisor at many Silicon Valley accelerators and incubators. He holds an MSEE from Southern Illinois University. He is a member of the honor society of Phi Kappa Phi. He is an active speaker on the topics of entrepreneurship and angel investing.
Strategic General Manager and Entrepreneur passionate about bringing impactful enterprise technology to market. Co-founder or early executive of five technology startups, four of which were acquired and one IPO.
Execution focused executive with strong experience across product management, marketing, sales, strategic partnerships. Worked across US, Asia and Europe. Served as advisor to senior executives at F500 companies while consulting with McKinsey & Co. Specialties: Developing and executing market entry and growth strategies, scaling businesses, attracting venture investments for new businesses ideas, developing new innovative business models, building high performing teams.
dialoggBox provides automatic meeting minutes, seamless follow-up, live translation in 50+ languages, and insights, for remote workers. Users can avoid hours of rehashing and resyncing after every meeting, get participant-by-participant notes, and save thousands of dollars per month in productivity costs for themselves and their organizations every month. Users get started simply by connecting their calendar or entering a zoom, meet, other meeting link, or phone into dialoggBox app.
dialoggBox utilizes patent pending methodology that blends telecom, machine learning, and experience design, available via our web app and plugins. Learn more at https://dialoggBox.com
ElevenSight Remote Engagement Platform delivers one-click video and audio interactions from anywhere on the web. Our proprietary technology allows marketing teams to embed call links or e-lines and dynamic buttons onto websites, social media profiles and posts, email marketing campaigns, display ads, or anywhere on the web.
The result is an immediate meeting with a sales representative that can immediately connect and engage with a prospect or multiple prospects via video or audio through their internet browser or mobile device and without any downloads or sign-ups. It is the fastest way to connect, the simplest way to engage, and the shortest path to revenue.
TiEcon 2021 Programs
Startup bootcamp instructors fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention.Learn MoreLearn More about Startup Bootcamp01
A program where entrepreneurs get an opportunity to receive direct feedback from successful VCs.Learn MoreLearn More about VC Connect02
A flagship program where a structured environment is provided to receive Mentorship from Silicon Valley veterans in a small setting.Learn MoreLearn More about Mentor Connect03
TiE 50 Awards
A prestigious annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.Learn MoreLearn More about TiE 50 Awards04
An opportunity to showcase your product to a variety of audiences including enterprises, professionals, investors, and mediaLearn MoreLearn More about Expo05