What is TiE 50?
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley's premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, and entrepreneurs; online virtual showcasing, and technology and business partnering/networking.
Now in its twelfth year, the prestigious TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups with no restrictions placed on any specific technology segment.
How does TiE50 work?
A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company's IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to select the best-of-breed finalists! The TiE50 finalists are put through another level of final judging to pick the very best TiE50 winners.
- Winner Benefits The winners will receive exposure to venture capitalist, angel investors, corporate executives, customers, employees at TiEcon and beyond, year-round branding & logo promotion on TiE Silicon Valley and TiEcon website, social media highlight of your company progress, success, milestones post TiEcon Awards Ceremony, and an annual TiE Silicon Valley Membership. TiE50 Winner Showcase & Virtual Awards Ceremony TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on the website on April 30th.
- TiE50 winner showcase & Virtual awards ceremony TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on the website on April 30th. Winner Showcase (3 min presentation and 2 min. live Q&A with investors for feedback) will be held on Friday, May 7th at 9:00 AM PDT. The Awards Ceremony will be announced after the opening Grand Keynote on Saturday, May 8 at 9:00 AM
- Do I qualify? Companies must be privately held and less than 7 years old.
- How do I apply? TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner for the infrastructure to run the awards program. All 2021 applicants must apply and register on TheBizPlanner to apply for the TiE50 Awards Program.
- Who are the judges? Confidentiality Judges' identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley's strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
A nominal application fee includes four complimentary single two-day passes to the TiECon 2021 conference, discounted Virtual Expo, VC Connect, and complimentary Mentor Connect.
Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations that paid the application fee are automatically confirmed by email. Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address.
Awards Program Recognizing World's Technology Startups
Apply on TheBizPlanner website and pay for the application fee to successfully submit your application.
- February 1 - March 7 $395 Early Bird Pricing
- March 8 - April 1 $595
- April 2 - April 25 $795
Deadlines and dates
- Applications open: February 1, at 12:00 AM
- Applications close: Sunday, April 25, at 12:00 AM
- Winners announcement: Friday, April 30. Winners will be announced by email and on our website
- TiE50 Showcase: Thursday, May 6 at 8:00 am - 12:00 pm PST
- Awards Ceremony: Saturday, May 8 at 9:00 am - 9:30 am PST
TiEcon 2021 Programs
Startup bootcamp instructors fine-tune your business plan and pitch to investors in a way that will grab their attention.Learn MoreLearn More about Startup Bootcamp01
A program where entrepreneurs get an opportunity to receive direct feedback from successful VCs.Learn MoreLearn More about VC Connect02
A flagship program where a structured environment is provided to receive Mentorship from Silicon Valley veterans in a small setting.Learn MoreLearn More about Mentor Connect03
TiE 50 Awards
A prestigious annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide.Learn MoreLearn More about TiE 50 Awards04
An opportunity to showcase your product to a variety of audiences including enterprises, professionals, investors, and mediaLearn MoreLearn More about Expo05