TiEcon 2023 Agenda
Day 1 AgendaMay 3
Day 2 AgendaMay 4
Day 3 AgendaMay 5
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm PDT
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersGroup PartnerY CombinatorSurbhi SarnaGroup Partner
Y CombinatorSurbhi Sarna is a partner at Y-Combinator and the author of Without A Doubt . Previously, she was the founder and former CEO of nVision Medical, which sold to Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) for $275M. nVision developed a first-in-kind microcatheter for the detection of ovarian cancer. After raising $17M in venture funding, completing three clinical trials, and obtaining two first-in-class FDA approvals, nVision was acquired by Boston Scientific for more than 15X money-in. Surbhi then stayed at Boston Scientific for two years, running the 150+ person commercial organization in preparation for launch. She is now Y-Combinator's only and first partner focused exclusively on healthtech, medical devices, and therapeutics and sits on both private and public company boards.Vice President of Business Development, Games and ApplicationsGoogle PlayPurnima KochikarVice President of Business Development, Games and Applications
Google PlayPurnima Kochikar is the Vice President of Business Development, Games & Applications at Google Play where she oversees all aspects of the app ecosystem including strategy, operations, partnership management, technical and growth consulting. Her team partners both with the world&rsquo;s leading companies and budding entrepreneurs to create effective mobile businesses that can reach global audiences. Prior to Google, Purnima held various roles at Nokia, including leading diverse developer initiatives across the globe. Prior to Nokia, Purnima held technical and engineering management roles, and started her career building a computer education company while still in college. She is passionate about K-12 education and entrepreneurship, and focuses on helping women excel in both. She serves on the boards of SVForum, which supports fostering entrepreneurship through education and mentorship, and the Global Health Initiative at the University of Minnesota.
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersChairmanGlobal Entrepreneurship NetworkJeff HoffmanChairman
Global Entrepreneurship NetworkJeff Hoffman is an award-winning global entrepreneur, proven CEO, worldwide motivational speaker, bestselling author, Hollywood film producer, a producer of a Grammy Award winning jazz album, and executive producer of an Emmy Award winning television show. He is an Executive Producer and stars in the groundbreaking new TV series GOING PUBLIC, a show where viewers worldwide can invest in the startups that Jeff is mentoring on the air. In his career, he has been the founder of multiple startups, he has been the CEO of both public and private companies, and he has served as a senior executive in many capacities. Jeff has been part of a number of well-known successful startups, including Priceline.com/Booking.com, uBid.com and more. Jeff is the Chairman of the Global Entrepreneurship Network, which works with entrepreneurs in 200 countries, as well as being a founding board member of The Unreasonable Group, whose portfolio companies have raised over $7 billion in funding and have positively impacted more than 700 million lives worldwide. He is also on the Advisory Board of CEED Global, the Centers for Entrepreneurship and Executive Development, teaching entrepreneurship globally in developing countries. Jeff has supported the White House, the State Department, the United Nations, and similar organizations internationally on economic growth initiatives and entrepreneurship programs. Jeff is the Managing Partner of Jeff Hoffman Advisory Services, a strategic consulting firm that teaches exponential growth to business owners and entrepreneurs, as well as teaching innovation strategies to corporations and governments worldwide. Jeff serves on the boards of companies in the US, Europe, the Middle East, South America, Africa, and Asia. He supports entrepreneurs and small businesses on a worldwide basis. Jeff is also the founder and CEO of World Youth Horizons, a non-profit organization providing homes, schools, food, and health care to children in need around the globe. Jeff is a frequent keynote speaker, having been invited to speak in over 70 countries. He speaks on the topics of innovation, entrepreneurship, and business leadership, and is the author of the book SCALE, a how-to guide for growing your business. Jeff also teaches innovation workshops to major corporations on a regular basis. Jeff is a featured business expert seen on Fox News, Fox Business, CNN, CNN International, Bloomberg News, CNBC, ABC, and NPR, and in publications including Forbes, Inc., Time, Fast Company, the Wall Street Journal, and more. Jeff recently a Humanitarian Award from Disney and Be Great, as well as a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Los Angeles Tribune for his business and philanthropic contributions. He was honored with the Champion of Entrepreneurship Award from JP Morgan Chase, Citibank, and Rising Tide Capital, as well as receiving the George Brown Award for International Cooperation from the US State Department. Jeff received the Commitment to Excellence Award from CitySummit, as well as receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award and being inducted into the Entrepreneurs Hall of Fame for his contributions to the field of entrepreneurship. He was also honored with the Best of the Best Award from the national CEO association (Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization). Outside of the world of technology, Jeff has produced TV shows, has produced movies in Hollywood, has produced musical events including concerts, tours, and charity events with such artists as Elton John, Britney Spears, NSYNC, Boyz II Men, and others, and serves on numerous charity and non-profit boards.
4:45 pm – 5:15 pm PDT
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm PDT
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3 - SCCC, Santa Clara, CASpeakersFounder and ChairmanChiratae VenturesSudhir is Founder and Chairman of Chiratae Ventures India Advisors. Chiratae Ventures is a leading VC firm advising AUM of $ 1B, invested in 100 plus companies, exited 39 plus, has taken 3 companies public, funded 8 Unicorns, and backed 11 market leaders. The firm is based out of Bangalore with offices in Mumbai and Delhi. Since 1998, Sudhir and his team have advised on investments into 125+ firms across Deep Tech, Agri Tech, Digital Consumer, SAAS, Fintech and Healthcare Sectors. Key investments include Myntra, Flipkart, FirstCry, Lenskart, PolicyBazaar, Curefit, Agrostar, Emotix, Uniphore and PlaySimple amongst others. Today Chiratae Ventures is a leading tech VC in India with Mr. Ratan Tata, Mr. Kris Gopalakrishnan, Mr. Bruno Raschle and Mr. Manish Choksi as well as Dr. Ferzaan Engineer on its Global Advisory Board and India Advisory Board. Sudhir, today serves on the EC of NASSCOM and is part of the Advisory Group on Tech and Internet Economy, Ministry of State (Meity), Government of India. In 2001, Sudhir was recognized by Red Herring as one of the leading venture capitalists in the country. He has been named among the Top Ten IT Professionals by Dataquest and by Bloomberg UTV as ‘’Visionary Venture Capitalist” in 2011. Sudhir has been featured in Subroto Bagchi’s book ‘’Zen Garden – Conversations with Pathmakers’’, in 2014. In addition to leading Chiratae Ventures India Advisors, Sudhir has served on EMPEA Venture Capital Council (Emerging Markets Private Equity Association). He has served as Advisor on the Technology Innovation and Productivity Council of the GMR Group. He also served on the Executive Committee of Indian Venture Capital Association (IVCA), Investment Committee of UTI Ventures, on the Board of Ascent Capital and on the Board of Advisors at N.S. Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurship, IIM Bangalore. With over 30 years of experience, Sudhir has served at various leadership positions at HCL, Wipro and Cyient, as well as Country Head of Walden International India. Sudhir holds a B.Tech in Engineering and an MBA Degree from FMS, Delhi. His interests include wildlife photography and he is a collector of old locks.
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3 - SCCC, Santa Clara, CASpeakersFounder and CEOINKtalksShe is the founder and CEO of INK talks where she curate stories, build multi-disciplinary community, and enable leaders. She also speaks about various aspects of leadership like redefining success, women at work, and the power of storytelling in business. Moreover, she loves to host events --both online and offline-- and to interview achievers to reveal the person behind personality. Prior to INK, she spent over two decades in the US in leading roles in technology (at Intel), venture capital (at Global Catalyst Partners), and launching and shaping initiatives for non-profit organizations (at American India Foundation). I moved back to India (Bengaluru) to disseminate the holistic India story to the rest of the world. She holds MBAs from Portland State University and Bajaj Institute, attended IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Mumbai, and was gold medalist in undergraduate mathematics at Osmania University, Hyderabad. Having waded through domains like math, venture capital, and technology where women are under-represented, she is an ardent advocate of women at work. She pens a column on the topic for Fortune magazine. She was honored to be listed in Forbes’ ‘Women to Watch in Asia’.Dr. Anurag Mairal (Moderator)Director, Global Outreach ProgramsStanford Byers Center for BiodesignDr. Anurag Mairal is an Adjunct Professor of Medicine and the Director, Global Outreach Programs at Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign, Stanford University. He is also a Faculty Fellow and Lead for Technology Innovation and Impact at Center for Innovation in Global Health. In these roles, he leads initiatives focused on applying the biodesign process to resource-constrained settings globally. Further, he facilitates opportunities for students, faculty and fellows at Stanford to work on global healthcare needs. He is founding co-Director for MED 232, Global Health: Scaling Health Technology Innovations in Low Resource Settings, and was part of the founding faculty team for BIOE 371, Global Biodesign: Medical Technology in an International Context, graduate-level courses offered to engineering, business, and medical students at Stanford University. Earlier, he served as Associate Director for the Stanford-India Biodesign and Singapore-Stanford Biodesign programs. He serves as the Founding Chair of BME IDEA APAC, a community of medtech innovation programs in Asia Pacific, partnering closely with the industry and academia in the region. He is also an Honorary Professor at University of Cape Town, South Africa. Concurrently, he is a co-founder and Executive Vice President of Orbees Medical, a SF Bay Area-based strategy consulting firm serving global healthcare industry, with a focus on medtech, pharmaceutical, and digital health industry.ChairmanThe Quad Investments Americas Frontier Fund"Karl Mehta is a serial entrepreneur, author, investor, engineer, and civil servant with over 20 years of experience in founding, building, and funding technology companies in the U.S. and international markets. He founded EdCast in 2014, serving as CEO, and joined Cornerstone’s executive leadership team as Managing Director of the EdCast Business Unit after the close of Cornerstone’s acquisition of EdCast. Karl has held several leadership positions in his expansive career, including as former venture partner at Menlo Ventures, a leading VC firm of Silicon, and as the Founder & CEO of PlaySpan Inc., acquired by Visa Inc. (NYSE:V), the world’s largest payment network. Karl also served as a White House Presidential Innovation Fellow, selected by the Obama Administration during the inaugural 2012-13 term. He was recently appointed by Governor Brown to the Workforce Investment Board of the State of California. In 2010, Karl won the “Entrepreneur of the Year” award from Ernst & Young for Northern California. Karl is on the boards of Simpa Networks and on the advisory board of Intel Capital and Chapman University’s Center of Entrepreneurship. Karl is founder of several non-profit’s including Code For India and Grassroots Innovation. He is author of ‘Financial Inclusion at the Bottom of the Pyramid‘."
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3 - SCCC, Santa Clara, CASpeakersPartnerGSV International
Anita Rehman is Partner at GSV Ventures. Anita’s experience encompasses roles as an entrepreneur, investor, and advisor to global companies in the Technology sector. Prior to GSV, she was an investment professional at Vantage Point Capital Partners and an investment consultant at The Three Cairns family office where she invested in early to growth stage technology companies across the Consumer, Enterprise and Energy sectors. Anita is also the founder Phiren, a D2C ecommerce startup.
Anita graduated from the Stanford, MSEE and she has an undergraduate degree from MIT, Manipal. She also earned an MBA from the Wharton School of Business.PartnerRocketship VenturesMadhu Shalini Iyer is a partner at Rocketship.vc, a Silicon Valley based fund investing globally. She was the Chief Data Officer of Gojek and helped grow the business into a $10 billion unicorn. In addition to being a board member, she started the Singapore office and played an active role in the strategy, new business development, and ‘data as a competitive advantage’. Prior to Gojek, Madhu was part of the founding team of Intuit’s Quickbooks Lending Platform. As the data science leader at Intuit, Madhu helped grow the platform to $300 million and holds 2 patents in the areas of user data augmented algorithms for financial inclusion. Madhu was also the Chief Data Officer for Ethoslending. There she built the underwriting platform and was responsible for all b2c revenue, resulting in $65 million gross market value per month. Madhu was further responsible for building and running the marketing team. Prior, Madhu was a partner at a $150m private equity fund, Stem Financial, in Hong Kong. She started her career as a senior data scientist with a leading think tank in Menlo Park, CA.Asha Jadeja Motwani (Moderator)Investor, Philanthropist, FounderMotwani Jadeja FoundationAsha Jadeja Motwani is a Silicon Valley-based venture capitalist who has invested in over 200 technology startups in the Bay Area. As an entrepreneur herself, her investing philosophy is designed to ignite young entrepreneurs into becoming disruptive change makers. “Making a dent in poverty requires money. Without a strong focus on economic growth, developing countries like India will continue to be stuck in a cycle of poverty. The need of the hour is to let technology-driven growth enable India to break out of the cycle of poverty. It is critical that we identify and remove legacy obstacles to growth as fast as possible.” All of Asha’s venture and philanthropic initiatives in India have been designed to help the nation break free of this cycle of poverty. “Exponential growth is possible through technology-enabled entrepreneurship, lean government, world-class education, and women’s leadership.” Gender equality, inclusive growth, lean government, and national security are core interests of MITLI (Motwani Institute for Thought Leadership in Innovation) – an unprecedented bridge between the US and India. Asha created MITLI as an advocacy platform designed to drive policy changes in India. A firm believer in the power of grassroots socio-economic movements Asha created MakerFest in 2013. A powerful network of makers and innovators that pro-actively problem-solve for their own communities. Makerfest is now prolific in Africa, India, and more recently in Brazil. She created India’s first network of dozens of Fablabs designed to spark a just in a time manufacturing environment in India. With help from Prof Sugata Mitra, Asha also set up India’s first self-supported School in the Cloud in Ahmedabad. This has now grown to over 60 locally managed and sustained “schools in the cloud” within South Asia. Asha is a prolific thought leader rooted within the milieus of Stanford, UC Berkeley, Google, Hoover Institute, Council on Foreign Relations, and Brookings USA. She is a limited partner in over 20 Bay Area venture funds, Acumen Fund NY, and Kawasafi Fund, Africa. As a prolific collector of Indian art, Asha is currently engaged with Stanford University Cantor Art Museum in bringing top Indian artists into a global forefront.Vice PresidentGalaxy InteractiveGaurav Bhogale is a Vice President at Galaxy Interactive. Previously, he was Vice President at PJC Ventures in New York focused on web3 and consumer technology investments. Prior to PJC, Gaurav worked at Google in their Bay Area and Sydney offices for 8+ years. He led global product and growth strategies to increase adoption and retention of Google&rsquo;s top mobile apps like Maps, Gmail, and YouTube. He began his career in tech working with PlayStation&rsquo;s brand and marketing team, where he helped launch the PlayStation 3 in Asia. Gaurav loves making the most of his private pilot&rsquo;s license, traveling to countries with great local wines, and hiking. He holds an MBA from Harvard Business School.Co-FounderMetablock Capital
Vishal is a builder, thought leader, and innovator with the full spectrum of business, people, and architectural skills and the foresight to set new industry trends. He brings diligence and deep technical skills to develop new products, drive go-to-market strategy, mentor leaders, and rapidly expand startups. He leverages a sharp investment point of view on categories and companies and has made investments in many successful companies, such as Instacart, Ethereum, Solano, FwB, FileCoin, and Dr. Chrono.
His expertise is within Blockchain, SAAS, Marketplaces, Finding Product Market Fit, Scaling Technology Based Companies, and Investing.
Built a 650-person/35-country organization to be the 1st mobile IPO on NASDAQ.
Co-Founded the world's first and largest mobile ad exchange, reaching 30B+ impressions monthly
Facilitated numerous mergers & acquisitions (M&A) within the marketing space
Speaker at TEDxUCDavisCo founder & Managing PartnerBlume VenturesSanjay Nath is Co-founder and Managing Partner at Blume Ventures, one of India's leading early-stage venture funds. Blume focuses on Seed to Pre-Series A stages of funding and has made over 100 investments across its 10-year history across multiple funds. Sanjay leads SaaS and cross-border investing amongst other verticals at Blume. He has invested in and advises a wide portfolio of startups including GreyOrange Robotics, Dataweave, Locus, Tricog, Yulu, Lambdatest, Pixxel, Sprinto, Nektar.ai and Obviously.ai amongst others. Prior to Blume, Sanjay held consulting and management roles at Sun Microsystems, PwC and IBM Global Services (all in Silicon Valley). Sanjay got his start in venture capital as an active angel investor through Mumbai Angels. His angel investments include InMobi, LittleEye Labs (acquired by Meta / Facebook), Tonbo Imaging and Svasti Microfinance amongst others. Sanjay holds an undergraduate degree from BITS Pilani and an MBA from UCLA&rsquo;s Anderson School of Management. Sanjay is based in San Francisco.
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3 - SCCC, Santa Clara, CASpeakersPartnerCelesta CapitalAri Rubin has 20 years of experience in technology and financial services. Ari was previously senior director of corporate development at Qualcomm where he focused on partnerships, strategy, and M&A. He was also vice president in investment banking at J.P. Morgan and an associate director at UBS Investment Bank. Earlier in his career, Ari was an electrical engineer at Raytheon, Space and Airborne Systems.Partner & Co FounderClear VenturesRajeev Madhavan is a Co-Founder and Partner of Clear, where he focuses on early stage technology investments. Rajeev brings operational skills from founding, building and running (as CEO) two highly successful companies. He has the uncanny ability to deeply understand what entrepreneurs are trying to do, and to steer them onto a successful path. He has been a venture investor in over 35 companies. Rajeev&rsquo;s notable exits include Toast (IPO), Reflektion (Sitecore), Robin ( Rakuten), Apigee (IPO), YuMe (IPO), Virident (acquired), Magma (IPO), Groupon (IPO), VxTel (acquired), LogicVision (IPO) and Ambit (acquired). Prior to founding Clear in 2014, Rajeev founded three successful startups. The most recent, Magma Design Automation, became the 4th largest Electronic Design Automation company in the world under his leadership. Rajeev served as Magma&rsquo;s Chairman and CEO from when he co-founded the company in 1997 through its acquisition by Synopsys in February 2012 for $580 million. Magma was listed on Nasdaq in 2001 and was ranked as the 2nd fastest growing Technology Company in 2005 by Forbes. Magma provided core infrastructure software to mobile pioneers such as Apple, Qualcomm, and Samsung, which was used to design the core processors at the heart of the smartphone era. Prior to Magma, Rajeev co-founded and served as President and CEO of Ambit Design Systems, which was acquired by Cadence in 1998 for $280 million. Rajeev also co-founded and served as Director of Engineering of LogicVision, Inc. (IPO). Rajeev is a recipient of the Red Herring Top Innovator award, the lifetime achievement award at NITK, India.General PartnerFoundation CapitalAshu is an early investor in one decacorn (Databricks) and six unicorns (Cohesity, Eightfold, Amperity, Turing, Anyscale, and Alation) &hellip; so far. He serves on the boards of Anvilogic, Arize, Coefficient, Cohesity, Conviva, Eightfold, Fortanix, Ikigai Labs, Levo, OpsMx, Stacklet, Skyflow, and Turing. In addition, Ashu was responsible for Foundation Capital&rsquo;s investments in Aggregate Knowledge (acquired by Neustar), Custora (acquired by Amperity), FreeWheel (acquired by Comcast), TubeMogul (acquired by Adobe), and Tubi.tv (acquired by Fox). Ashu is passionate about helping technical founders find product-market fit, and scale as CEOs. His podcast B2B a CEO has featured Eric Yuan, Ali Ghodsi, Jennifer Tejada, Aaron Levie, and Frank Slootman. Before joining Foundation Capital in 2008, Ashu was the general manager for Microsoft&rsquo;s online-advertising business and led field marketing for the software businesses. Previously, Ashu worked at McKinsey & Company, helping technology companies scale their go-to-market efforts. Earlier in his career, Ashu founded TringTring.com, one of the first search engines in Asia, set up Unilever&rsquo;s Nepal operations, and led the marketing and pre-sales teams at Cadence Design Systems. Ashu has a bachelor&rsquo;s degree from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in New Delhi and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management at Bangalore, where he received the President&rsquo;s Gold Medal. Ashu has lived in India, Nigeria, and the Sudan, and today makes his home in California with his wife, Pooja (an entrepreneur), and their two sons.Dipender Saluja (Moderator)Partner, Managing DirectorCapricorn LLCDipender Saluja is Managing Partner of the Technology Impact Fund, Capricorn Investment Group, an investment firm founded to demonstrate that it is possible to invest profitably while driving sustainable positive change. Capricorn manages about $10B in assets for investors who strive for extraordinary investment results by leveraging market forces to accelerate large scale impact. Capricorn's investment process is grounded in comprehensive perspectives on long-term, global trends in technology, energy, healthcare, transportation & agriculture. Capricorn has for two decades sponsored investment partnerships focused on specific areas of impact, such as clean technology, renewable energy infrastructure, renewable resources, and health and wellness. The Technology Impact Fund (TIF) is an early-stage venture capital partnership that invests in companies developing and scaling new technologies, novel materials, devices, and systems as solutions to climate change and other global challenges in energy, transportation, electronics, agriculture, aerospace, infrastructure, and industrial decarbonization. TIF is a key funder and an early investor in iconic companies including Tesla, QuantumScape, Redwood Materials, Joby Aviation, SpaceX, Planet Labs, Innovium, Nuvia, Fervo, FORM Energy, Helion, Seurat, and Twelve. Prior to Capricorn, Dipender was Chief of Staff at Cadence, a global market leader in electronic design, where he built and managed businesses that worked closely with electronics companies around the world. Prior to that he was at Data General (EMC), Honeywell, ROLM (IBM), and GF Energy Research Center. He’s an electrical engineer by training, and attended UND, Univ of Minnesota and Stanford. Dipender serves on the boards of AST, Electric Hydrogen, Encell, Eridan, Halio, Joby Aviation (NYSE: JOBY), Navitas (NASDAQ: NVTS), QuantumScape (NYSE: QS), Saildrone, SPAN.IO, summerbio, and Summit Nanotech, on the Leadership Council of Cyclotron Road, the Advisory Board of the International Solar Alliance, the investment committee of PRIME, the Advisory Board of IonE, and is a commissioner of the Global Commission to End Energy Poverty (GCEEP). He is based in Palo Alto.
- 30 mins Hall A3 - SCCC, Santa Clara, CASpeakersFormer Managing Director & CEOInvest India
Deepak has a professional career of over three decades with the World Bank, Citibank, and Private Equity and has held responsibilities across Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia.
In 2015 he was appointed the Managing Director and CEO to establish INVEST INDIA, as The National Investment Promotion Agency of the Government and during his eight year tenure (March 2023) the Agency has been acknowledged as the World’s most awarded IPA.
Invest India is the point of reference for Investors and also assists several important initiatives of the Government including, Startup India, One District One Product, The Prime Minister’s Science and Technology initiative and the digitisation of the processes and approvals during the investor journey.
He has been a member of several High Level Government Committees including Committee on Financing infrastructure, Core Group on Corporate Governance for Independent Directors, Committees on Fintech, Innovation, Tourism, Healthcare, and a special invitee to the Prime Minister’s Science, Technology and Innovation Advisory Council.
He has also been a member and special invitee on the official bilateral CEO Forums with, USA, UK, Canada, Brazil, Australia, France, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Spain, Thailand, Republic of Korea, Israel, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Qatar and UAE.
Mr Bagla was on the Investment Committee of the Government’s US$ 1.5 Billion ‘Fund of Funds’ for Startups and is on the Advisory Board of the Government’s US$ 7 billion ‘Fund of Funds’ for MSMEs.
He has a Bachelor’s degree with Honours in Economics from St Stephen’s College, Delhi University, and a dual Masters in International Diplomacy and International Trade and Finance, from the School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, Washington DC.
He is the elected President of the Geneva based, World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA). WAIPA is the world’s single largest Investment platform with a membership of the National IPAs of over 105 countries.
Mr Bagla was given the Special Jury Award for The Ernst and Young, “Entrepreneur of the Year 2023”.
He has been conferred, “Grande Ufficiale dell’Ordine della Stella d’Italia” (The Order of The Star of Italy) by the President of the Republic of Italy.Asha Jadeja Motwani (Moderator)Investor, Philanthropist, FounderMotwani Jadeja FoundationAsha Jadeja Motwani is a Silicon Valley-based venture capitalist who has invested in over 200 technology startups in the Bay Area. As an entrepreneur herself, her investing philosophy is designed to ignite young entrepreneurs into becoming disruptive change makers. “Making a dent in poverty requires money. Without a strong focus on economic growth, developing countries like India will continue to be stuck in a cycle of poverty. The need of the hour is to let technology-driven growth enable India to break out of the cycle of poverty. It is critical that we identify and remove legacy obstacles to growth as fast as possible.” All of Asha’s venture and philanthropic initiatives in India have been designed to help the nation break free of this cycle of poverty. “Exponential growth is possible through technology-enabled entrepreneurship, lean government, world-class education, and women’s leadership.” Gender equality, inclusive growth, lean government, and national security are core interests of MITLI (Motwani Institute for Thought Leadership in Innovation) – an unprecedented bridge between the US and India. Asha created MITLI as an advocacy platform designed to drive policy changes in India. A firm believer in the power of grassroots socio-economic movements Asha created MakerFest in 2013. A powerful network of makers and innovators that pro-actively problem-solve for their own communities. Makerfest is now prolific in Africa, India, and more recently in Brazil. She created India’s first network of dozens of Fablabs designed to spark a just in a time manufacturing environment in India. With help from Prof Sugata Mitra, Asha also set up India’s first self-supported School in the Cloud in Ahmedabad. This has now grown to over 60 locally managed and sustained “schools in the cloud” within South Asia. Asha is a prolific thought leader rooted within the milieus of Stanford, UC Berkeley, Google, Hoover Institute, Council on Foreign Relations, and Brookings USA. She is a limited partner in over 20 Bay Area venture funds, Acumen Fund NY, and Kawasafi Fund, Africa. As a prolific collector of Indian art, Asha is currently engaged with Stanford University Cantor Art Museum in bringing top Indian artists into a global forefront.
- 2:00 pm – 2:15 pm PDT
2:15 pm – 2:45 pm PDT
- 15 mins Hall A2SpeakersConsul GeneralConsul General of Canada in San FranciscoMr. Rana Sarkar was appointed as Consul General of Canada in San Francisco | Silicon Valley in 2017, with accreditation for Northern California and Hawaii. He is also a member of Canadas NAFTA Advisory Council. Mr. Sarkar previously served as National Director for High Growth Markets at KPMG Canada, and co-chairman of the advisory board at the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. From 2009 - 2013, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canada-India Business Council. In 2005, Mr. Sarkar co-founded Content Partners, a global content agency (sold in 2009), and, in 2001, the advisory firm Rawlings Atlantic Limited. He began his career as a consultant at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants in London and Munich and helped establish Roland Berger in India. He also served as a visiting lecturer at the London School of Economics and the CASS Business School at the University of London. He attended the London School of Economics, Queen’s University at Kingston, Ontario, and the INSEAD Executive Program in France. He is a member of the advisory council of the Mowat Centre for Policy Innovation, Canada2020, and The Literary Review of Canada and a Distinguished Fellow at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto. Mr. Sarkar is married to lawyer and author Reva Seth. They live in San Francisco with their three children and oversized labradoodle.President & CEOCommunitechChris Albinson is a seasoned tech investor and longtime champion for Canadian innovators in Silicon Valley, is the CEO of Communitech. In Canadian circles, Albinson is best known for his role as a co-founder of C100, a nonprofit organization that supports Canadian technology entrepreneurship and investment. He brought Canadian talent and values to Silicon Valley during his nearly 20 years there. He has invested in 37 Canadian founders coast to coast including PixStream, ImagicTV, Abatis and Passwordbox, while also helping global brands like Pinterest, DocuSign and Turo to scale and issue IPOs. In recognition of his support for Canadian innovation, Albinson was honored with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.
2:45 pm – 3:15 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersGlobal Head of Cloud ServicesTech MahindraSuri is a serial entrepreneur with over three decades in IT which includes experience in building successful global businesses for not only his own ventures but also for companies he worked for. He takes pride in building relationships that are natural fallout of having worked in multiple organizations. He completed his degree in computer science from the University of Ottawa (Canada) in 1983. Being an entrepreneur at heart, he started his first venture, FocusFrame Inc. as a co-founder in 2001 with a successful exit in late 2006 to Hexaware Technologies. FocusFrame leveraged the concept of nearshore for the first time and Suri found it a great complement to onsite and offshore options. His last venture, Digital OnUS (DOU) was acquired by Tech Mahindra.President & CEOCommunitechChris Albinson is a seasoned tech investor and longtime champion for Canadian innovators in Silicon Valley, is the CEO of Communitech. In Canadian circles, Albinson is best known for his role as a co-founder of C100, a nonprofit organization that supports Canadian technology entrepreneurship and investment. He brought Canadian talent and values to Silicon Valley during his nearly 20 years there. He has invested in 37 Canadian founders coast to coast including PixStream, ImagicTV, Abatis and Passwordbox, while also helping global brands like Pinterest, DocuSign and Turo to scale and issue IPOs. In recognition of his support for Canadian innovation, Albinson was honored with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal in 2012.Consul GeneralConsul General of Canada in San FranciscoMr. Rana Sarkar was appointed as Consul General of Canada in San Francisco | Silicon Valley in 2017, with accreditation for Northern California and Hawaii. He is also a member of Canadas NAFTA Advisory Council. Mr. Sarkar previously served as National Director for High Growth Markets at KPMG Canada, and co-chairman of the advisory board at the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto. From 2009 - 2013, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canada-India Business Council. In 2005, Mr. Sarkar co-founded Content Partners, a global content agency (sold in 2009), and, in 2001, the advisory firm Rawlings Atlantic Limited. He began his career as a consultant at Roland Berger Strategy Consultants in London and Munich and helped establish Roland Berger in India. He also served as a visiting lecturer at the London School of Economics and the CASS Business School at the University of London. He attended the London School of Economics, Queen’s University at Kingston, Ontario, and the INSEAD Executive Program in France. He is a member of the advisory council of the Mowat Centre for Policy Innovation, Canada2020, and The Literary Review of Canada and a Distinguished Fellow at the Munk School of Global Affairs, University of Toronto. Mr. Sarkar is married to lawyer and author Reva Seth. They live in San Francisco with their three children and oversized labradoodle.
3:15 pm – 3:45 pm PDT
Gateway to Global Teams and The World - Navigating the digital and human aspects of employment to build Global Teams30 mins Hall A2SpeakersChief Human Resource OfficerG-P
Richa Gupta is G-P’s chief human resources officer. With more than two decades of experience leading HR in companies ranging from start-ups to high-growth and scaled, she prides herself in helping build talent practices, strong and purpose-driven global firms and high-performing teams/cultures that enable companies to thrive.?
At G-P, Richa leads all facets of the company’s global workforce, talent and employee experience. Her business expertise plays a strategic role in scaling the organization to meet the shifting demands of the remote work and global expansions across the globe. She leads with a “people-first” mantra and leads HR as a product organization.
Prior to G-P, Richa served in senior leadership roles at notable technology companies including GE, PayPal, Vantiv Worldpay and Castlight Health.?She has a master’s degree in organizational psychology from Delhi University and an MBA from Wright State University in Ohio. Richa lives with her husband and children in the San Francisco Bay Area.Contributing JournalistCIO.comChris Davis is a Partner at Metis Strategy, a strategy and management consulting firm specializing in the intersection of business strategy and technology. Chris is the Head of the firm's West Coast office, where he advises Fortune 500 executives on the strategic role that technology plays in differentiating the customer experience, developing new products, unlocking new business models, and improving organizational operations. Chris is a columnist for CIO.com and public speaker at graduate schools and technology leadership conferences. Chris also contributed to the research and methodology development for Peter High's books Getting to Nimble: How to Transform Your Company into a Digital Leader (Kogan Page, 2021), Implementing World Class IT Strategy: How IT Can Drive Organizational Innovation (Jossey -Bass, 2014), and World Class IT: Why Businesses Succeed When IT Triumphs (Jossey -Bass, 2009). Chris holds a B.A. in Economics from Georgetown University and an M.S. in the Management of IT from University of Virginia's McIntire School of Commerce.
3:45 pm – 4:15 pm PDT
Gateway to The G20 and The World - Introduction to The G20 & Think 20 | Digital Public Infrastructure30 mins Hall A2SpeakersChairman and CEODevRev, Inc.Mr. Pandey is the Chairman and CEO of DevRev, Inc., a SaaS company that is focused on using AI and design to automate software and customer engineering workflows. Previously, he co-founded Nutanix, Inc. in 2009 and served as its CEO and Chairman of its board of directors until December 2020. Previously Dheeraj served in software engineering roles at Aster Data Systems, Inc. (later acquired by Teradata Corporation), Oracle Corp, Zambeel, Inc., and Trilogy Software, Inc. Dheeraj is a global executive leader and technologist with an engineering expertise, financial acumen, an in-depth understanding of the technology landscape, and valuable insight on growing a company from a start-up to a publicly traded company. Mr. Pandey holds a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and a M.S. in Computer Science from the University of Texas at Austin. He was a Graduate Fellow of Computer Science in the University of Texas at Austin Ph.D. program.
4:15 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersVenktesh Shukla (Moderator)Founder and General PartnerMonta Vista CapitalVenktesh Shukla has an impressive track record as a seed stage investor first as the Founding Chair of TiE Angels and, since 2014, as the Founder and General Partner of Monta Vista Capital. Prior to his career as a seed stage investor, Venk had a proven track record of leading companies through rapid growth in his roles in sales, marketing and general management. He has worked with over 50 startups as an executive, investor, or a board member. Venk is currently a TiE-SV Council of Trustee. He is passionate about influencing public policy in India to create a stronger ecosystem for Indian startups through his writings and as a nominated member of the Government of Indias Startup Advisory Council chaired by the Commerce Minister of India. He is also passionate about transforming the lives of bright but poor students in India through his 26 years long association with Foundation for Excellence first as the Founding President for 18 years and now as a member of the Board. Venk holds an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management and BSEE from NIT Bhopal in India.PresidentFoundation for ExcellenceMinoo Gupta is a seasoned tech savvy and customer focused executive working in Silicon Valley since 1987. Her experience involves managing high-performance software teams throughout the product lifecycle, from inception to production maintenance. She is skilled in managing high degrees of risk while enhancing operational efficiencies and product quality. Minoo Gupta serves as President of Foundation for Excellence, a non-profit. FFEs mission is to enable academically brilliant and economically underprivileged students in India to complete their higher education in Engineering or Medicine through a Scholarship Program. The organization has supported over 28,000+ students to achieve their dreams since its inception in 1994. Minoo also serves as a Vice-Chair of India Philanthropy Alliance, a network of nonprofit, philanthropic and charitable organizations that mobilize people and funding for development and poverty-reduction programs in India.PartnerBCGNikhil Bhaskar is a Partner with BCG in the Silicon Valley office. He works closely with Fortune 50 companies and startups to build and launch innovative solutions for patients, providers and biopharma. As part of BCG&rsquo;s tech build and design unit, Nikhil has launched 3 scaled startups in the e-pharmacy, telemedicine and disease management space. In the last few years, he has also supported the Indian Government to design digital public goods that can have a transformative impact on economic productivity especially in healthcare and financial services. He is part of the G-20 team that has been tasked with fostering partnerships with governments across the globe for promoting and showcasing the impact of DPGs designed and scaled in India. Nikhil is an economist by training and is passionate about leveraging technology to improve care delivery for all &ndash; and at all levels of the health system. He believes the combination of multiscale digital health data from patients can impact our understanding, prevention and treatment of disease.Product MarketingVantaPranav Deshpande currently works in Product Marketing at Vanta, having spent the past 8 years in GTM and product marketing roles at Twilio and Modern Treasury. He is also an early iSPIRT volunteer, helping evangelize UPI and the India Stack in the US via events like Startup Bridge India and op-eds in publications like TechCrunch and VentureBeat. He was one of the earliest sales engineers at Twilio and later moved to product marketing, contributing to revenue growth en route to an IPO in 2016, and beyond. As an early employee at Modern Treasury, he helped shape the early GTM strategy and positioning as the company grew revenues and headcount significantly. Pranav is interested in fintech, SaaS, and developer tools and writes about early-stage GTM and product marketing questions on his blog.
4:30 pm – 4:45 pm PDT
Gateway to The Startup Ecosystem and The World - Data-driven insights for startups, scaleup, and agency leaders15 mins Hall A2SpeakersFounder & CEOStartup GenomeThinking and working globally is what fuels the creation of global category leaders. Startup Genome’s experience driving higher startup success across 50 countries and the wealth of its research delivers clarity as to the key success factors of ecosystems and startups that explain a 25X success rate at scaling to $100M and reaching unicorn status.
- 15 mins Hall A2SpeakersPartnerEisner Advisory Group LLCJohn Pennett is the Partner-in-Charge of the National Technology and Life Sciences Group at Eisner Advisory Group LLC. He has 35 years of public accounting experience, with a strong emphasis on public and private life science and technology companies. John is a frequent writer and speaker on industry topics. He is the publisher of Catalyst. Additionally, John supports entrepreneurial organizations around the country with content, resources and program development, and serves as a mentor to several early-stage companies. John has led the accounting, auditing and strategic advisory work for more than a 50 IPOs, private financing and mergers and acquisitions with an aggregate valuation in excess of $3 billion. He is deeply involved in the firm&rsquo;s Outsourced Accounting Services practice and the International Services Group. John previously worked as an Audit Partner for an international accounting and consulting firm.Managing PartnerChugh, LLPNavneet S. Chugh is the Managing Partner of Chugh, LLP founded in 1985. He is an Attorney and a CPA. He holds an MBA from USC and is a graduate of Senior Executive Leadership Program (SELP) from Harvard University. He is the founder of South Asian Bar Association of California (SABA); TiE Southern California; SABA North America; and Indian Lawyers Association. He is on the board of HAB Bank, Goonj, Kelp HR, Antara International, Foster India Foundation, Lotus Petal Foundation, and newspaper India West Journal. He has served on the boards of TiE Global, American India Foundation (AIF), Pratham USA, Ignify Consulting (sold to Hitachi), 1947 Partition Archives, Sikh Center of OC, India Community Center (Silicon Valley), and Asia Society SoCal. He is also a Founder of the Ashoka University.
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersChief Investment Officer.University of CaliforniaDr. Jagdeep Singh BachherChief Investment Officer.
University of CaliforniaDr. Jagdeep Singh Bachher is the University of California - Chief Investment Officer. He is responsible for managing some $157 billion, which includes the UC endowment, pension and retirement savings, working capital and insurance assets. Before joining the UC system nine years ago, Bachher was an executive vice president of venture and innovation for one of Canada sovereign wealth funds. He was with Alberta Investment Management Corp (AIMCo), based in Edmonton since 2009. He also served as the corporation Deputy Chief Investment Officer and Chief Operating Officer. With an investment portfolio of currently more than $125 billion (USD), AIMCo invests globally on behalf of public sector pension plans, provincial endowments, and government funds. Prior to his position at AIMCo, Bachher served as president at JH Investments (Delaware) LLC and worked in the U.S. wealth management, Canadian, and investments divisions of Manulife Financial. Before joining Manulife, he was an entrepreneur. Bachher received his Ph.D. and Master degrees in management sciences and B.A.Sc. degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Waterloo. He has been a champion for change in the investment business and gained an international reputation as an innovator. Bachher serves as vice chair on the Board of Governors of the University of Waterloo.CEOreLIMSAnita ManwaniCEO
Anita Manwani is the Founder and CEO of Relims, a provider of Lab Information Management System for clinical and agriculture test labs.. Anita is the President of TiE Silicon Valley, founded 30 years ago, with the mission to promote entrepreneurship. She has over 25 years experience in the software industry and has worked at startups in robotics, healthcare and established organizations such as NASA Ames Research Center, Hewlett Packard and Agilent Technologies.
Anita was one of 80 US women selected as a Technology All Star for the National Women of Color Conference for her executive leadership in technology in 2002. She also received the YWCA TWIN award for executive leadership and impact in 2003. In 2011, Anita was recognized as one of the top 100 Women of Influence in Silicon Valley and is an American Leadership Forum Senior Fellow. She is a business leader, board member, and philanthropist.
- 8:30 am – 9:15 am PDT
9:15 am – 9:45 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall DSpeakersCEOJC2VenturesJohn ChambersCEO
John Chambers, founder and CEO of JC2 Ventures, focuses on helping disruptive startups from around the world build and scale. He invests in companies that are leading market transitions. Chambers is also the Chairman of the US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) and was most recently appointed Global Ambassador of the French Tech by President Emmanuel Macron of France.
In addition to investing in and mentoring startups, Chambers promotes entrepreneurship, gender equality, and accelerating overall new business creation around the world to create startup nations and a startup world, as he believes that startups will be the core driver of economic growth and job creation in the Digital Age.
Prior to founding JC2 Ventures, Chambers spent 25+ years with Cisco, serving as CEO, Chairman and Executive Chairman. He currently holds the title of Chairman Emeritus with the organization.Senior EditorThe InformationScott ThurmSenior Editor
Scott Thurm is a senior editor at The Information. He has been living in and covering Silicon Valley for more than 25 years. Most recently, he was business editor at Wired. Previously, he spent 18 years as a reporter and editor at The Wall Street Journal, and earlier at the San Jose Mercury News. He shared a Pulitzer Prize for work at the Louisville, Ky., Courier-Journal and is a two-time winner of the Gerald Loeb Award for Distinguished Business and Financial Journalism.
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersSenior Vice President, Corporate OperationsGilead SciencesJoydeep GangulySenior Vice President, Corporate Operations
Gilead SciencesJoydeep Ganguly is Senior Vice President, Corporate Operations at Gilead Sciences. In his current role, he is accountable for several strategic functions, including: corporate engineering and operations; infrastructure and capital planning; sustainability; risk management and resilience; global procurement; and the program management office. Joydeep also oversees Gilead's corporate real estate portfolio, which comprises more than 8 million square feet of research and development, commercial and administrative space. Prior to Gilead, Joydeep spent 10 years at Biogen, in roles of increasing responsibility in the areas of technical operations, manufacturing and supply chain. A transformational thought leader in the operations space, Joydeep has published extensively about operations transformation, bioprocess optimization and supply chain evolution. The International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) recognized Joydeep with the Roger Sherwood Journal Article of the Year for his publication about the application of innovative process analytics within operations, an area in which he remains active and holds multiple patents. Joydeep was recently also recognized as a Top 50 Diverse Leader in California, and awarded the Leadership Award by the National Diversity Council. A past board member of the North Carolina Biosciences Organization (NCBIO) and the North Carolina Museum of Life and Sciences, he currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Bay Area Council, Biocom, Science from Scientists and the Gilead Foundation. Joydeep earned a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Notre Dame, a Master of Business Administration from North Carolina State University and a Masters degree in Healthcare management from Cornell University.Founder & CEOLeanTaaSMohan GiridharadasFounder & CEO
LeanTaaSMohan Giridharadas is the Founder & CEO of LeanTaaS, a 400-person healthcare analytics company headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Charlotte, NC and Newton, MA. LeanTaaS embeds patented optimization algorithms based on lean principles, sophisticated data science, and simulation methodologies into its flagship iQueue suite of products. iQueue enables health systems to increase patient access and lower cost by unlocking capacity in scarce assets. The current suite of products includes iQueue for Infusion Centers, iQueue for Operating Rooms, and iQueue for Inpatient Flow. One or more of the iQueue products have been deployed at over 625 hospitals and 175 leading health systems across the country. These include Academic Medical Centers like Duke, Emory, Penn Medicine, UPMC, Stanford Health Care, UCSF, University of Utah, UCHealth in Colorado, Rush University Medical Center and many more. They also include iconic, mission-focused institutions dedicated to curing cancer such as Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. Finally, they include numerous standalone and networked hospitals such as Multicare, Providence, Banner Health, CommonSpirit and many others. Mohan is the co-author of the book Better Healthcare Through Math. Prior to starting LeanTaaS in 2010, Mohan was a senior partner at McKinsey & Company. During his 18-year tenure at McKinsey, Mohan led the Lean Manufacturing and Lean Service Operations Practice in North America and for the Asia-Pacific Region while based out of Sydney and Singapore. He was also on the committee responsible for evaluating candidates for election to the worldwide partnership of the Firm. Mohan holds an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business, an MS in Computer Science from Georgia Institute of Technology, and a B.Tech from IIT Bombay. He has been a member of the Continuing Studies faculty at Stanford University and the MBA faculty at the Haas School of Business at the University of California Berkeley where he taught classes on the application of lean principles to achieve excellence in service operations. Mohan has been named by Becker's Hospital Review as one of the Top Entrepreneurs Innovating in Healthcare and one of the Great Healthcare Leaders to know in 2023.
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
Machine identities: more important than all other identities if you are serious about security and privacy.30 mins Hall A2SpeakersCEOVenafiJeff Hudson is a seasoned leader with over 25 years of leadership and management experience in information technology and security management. Jeff has spent a significant portion of his career developing and delivering leading-edge technology solutions for financial services and other Fortune-ranked organizations and government agencies. Prior to joining Venafi, he was the CEO of Vhayu Technologies Corp., CEO and cofounder of MS2, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development at Informix Software, and CEO of Visioneer. Jeff speaks regularly to global audiences at technology and business conferences worldwide. He earned a bachelors degree in communications at the University of California, Davis.Scott McGrew (Moderator)JournalistNBC Bay AreaScott McGrew has covered entrepreneurs and venture capital for NBC Bay Area for the past 25 years. He is also the host of the Sunday morning television program Press:Here and the weekly podcast Sand Hill Road. Scott was the first journalist to reveal the crimes behind the death of a South Bay Marine in Afghanistan and the only reporter in the world allowed to fly F-16 combat air patrol as part of Operation Enduring Freedom following 9/11. He's been an eyewitness to a firing squad and chased greased pigs at the Iowa State Fair. He is also a regular emcee and host for the Ernst and Young&'s Northern California Entrepreneur of the Year, the Global CleanTech Forum, United Way and the Boy Scouts. He also helps foster excellent business journalism as a judge at UCLA's Gerald Loeb awards.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersCEOElastic
Ashutosh Kulkarni is the CEO of Elastic, a leading platform for search-powered solutions spanning Enterprise Search, Observability and Security . He joined Elastic as chief product officer in 2021 and was promoted to CEO in early 2022. Prior to joining Elastic, Ash held senior product leadership and management roles at McAfee, Akamai, Informatica, and Sun Microsystems. As the volume and complexity of data continues to explode, Ash is driving innovation at Elastic to create products and solutions that help organizations accelerate the results that matter. Under his leadership, Elastic is enabling over 19,900 customers and more than half of the Fortune 500 to achieve new levels of success at scale and on a single platform.Chris Preimesberger (Moderator)Writer/EditorSDxCentralChris J. Preimesberger, a contributing writer/editor at several publications since June 2021, is Editor Emeritus of eWEEK. He was responsible for the publication's coverage for a decade. In his 16 years and more than 5,000 articles at eWEEK, he distinguished himself in reporting and analysis of the business use of new-gen IT in a variety of sectors, including AI, cloud computing, data center systems, storage, the IoT, security and others. In February 2017 and September 2018, Chris was named among the 250 most influential business journalists in the world by Richtopia, a UK research firm that used analytics to compile the ranking. He has won several national and regional awards for his work, including a 2011 Folio Magazine Eddy Award for a profile of Salesforce founder/CEO Marc Benioff--the only time he has entered the competition. Previously, Chris was a founding editor of both IT Manager's Journal and DevX.com and was managing editor of Software Development magazine. His resume also includes: sportswriter and columnist for the Los Angeles Daily News, editor and television critic for the Peninsula Times Tribune (Palo Alto, Calif.), and Assistant Sports Information Director at Stanford University. He has been an assistant for The Associated Press since 1983 and resides in Silicon Valley.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersChenxi Wang (Moderator)Managing General PartnerRain CapitalChenxi Wang is the Founder and General Partner of Rain Capital, a cybersecurity focused venture. A well-known operator, technologist, and thought leader in the cybersecurity industry, Chenxi also serves on the board of directors for MDU Resources, a Fortune 500 company. Chenxi recently founded the Forte Group, a women-in-tech advocacy group. Previously, Chenxi served on the board for OWASP. She was CSO at Twistlock, VP for Intel Security, and VP of research for Forrester. She was recognized as a Women-of-Influence by SC Magazine. Chenxi's career began as a faculty member at Carnegie Mellon University. Chenxi holds a PhD in computer science from the University of Virginia.Chief Product OfficerAryakaRenuka Nadkarni is the Chief Product Officer at Aryaka, overseeing engineering, cloud operations, product management and marketing. She is responsible for the company's technology strategy and execution. She is a security veteran with 20+ years of experience building new businesses, at startups and at large, publicly traded companies. Before joining Aryaka, she held the CTO of Security position at F5 Inc., where she was instrumental in driving F5's entrance into the security market. Previously, she held various positions and built cutting-edge cloud and security products, and launched new businesses at F5, VMware, Infoblox, and launching startups. Renuka holds an MS in Electric Engineering from the University of Houston and a BS in Electric Engineering from the University of Mumbai.Chief People OfficerForgeRockTschudy Smith is ForgeRock’s Chief People Officer (CPO), bringing more than twenty years of human resources experience for large enterprises. Tschudy leads with the mission to see others at their best, building programs that help organizations recruit and retain top talent. As CPO, Tschudy leads talent strategy, including employee experience, rewards, attraction, retention, development diversity and inclusion globally. Previously she was the Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Cisco, where she spent 16 years providing strategic consulting to leaders and teams. Tschudy graduated from the University of Denver and earned her master’s degree from San Jose State University.Deputy CISO and Corporate Vice PresidentMicrosoftAanchal Gupta is the Deputy CISO and Corporate Vice President at Microsoft. Aanchal leads a diverse team of security experts working around the clock to protect one of the world’s largest corporate networks and providing the first line of defense for billions of customers against an evolving security landscape. Previously, as Chief Information Security Officer for Novi (Calibra) at Facebook, she led a team responsible for assessing and mitigating security risks across Facebook's cryptocurrency initiative. Aanchal joined Facebook in 2016 after serving as Chief Information Security Officer at Microsoft for Skype and Skype for Business. Prior to Microsoft, Aanchal led Yahoo's Global Identity team, contributing to various authentication and authorization open standards such as OpenID and OAuth. Aanchal was named one of Business Insider’s “Most powerful female engineers of 2018”. She serves on the board of Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE:SI), Internet Security Research Group (ISRG), and is a fellow at the RSA (Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce). She also serves on Silicon Valley CISO Investments’ (SVCI) board and invests in and guides cybersecurity startups. Aanchal is also a staunch advocate for building diverse teams and serves on the review board for the Grace Hopper, Enigma, and Black Hat conferences.
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersFarzad Tari (Moderator)VP Business and Corporate DevelopmentImperva
Farzad Tari is a veteran Business and Corporate Development Executive and an active investor in early stage cyber security companies. Farzad has been actively involved with driving revenue growth through forming strategic partnerships, designing stage appropriate go-to-market strategies, and generating high returns for stakeholders through IPOs and M&A exits. He currently leads corporate development and strategic partnership at Imperva, the leader in application and data security. His prior experience includes leadership roles at companies such as Cisco, F5 and CheckPoint. He has also served as an executive, investor and board member at several successful cyber security startups including Tugboat Logic (now part of OneTrust), Secret Double Octopus, Prevoty (now part of Imperva), Swan Labs (now part of F5), CyberInc (now part of Forcepoint), Cequence, Armorcode and Pronto.SVP MarketingPalo Alto Networks
Rick Caccia is SVP of Marketing for the Cortex and Unit 42 business units at Palo Alto Networks, where he is responsible for product marketing and demand generation. He has worked in a variety of B2B data and security management companies, including leadership roles at ArcSight and Exabeam, leaders in the SIEM and security analytics markets. He has an MBA in technology management from U.C. Berkeley.CEOSecuriti
Rehan Jalil is the CEO of Securiti, the leader in Unified Data Controls. He was the SVP and GM for Cloud Security at Symantec.
Rehan came into Symantec through the $4.7B acquisition of Bluecoat, where he ran cloud security. He came into BlueCoat via the $280M acquisition of Elastica, which he founded and ran as CEO. Elastica pioneered CASB and drove it to become an important security category. Prior to that he was founder and chief executive officer of WiChours, an innovator in deep packet inspection centered packet core, which was used to deploy some of the earliest 4G networks. WiChorus was acquired by Tellabs for $180M. Previously, he was Chief Architect at Aperto and helped innovate multicore GPU at Sun Microsystems. He was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur finalist in 2010 and Top 25 Disruptor in 2015.
He holds an AMP from Harvard Business School, an MSEE from Purdue University and a BS from NED University.CEO and FounderTugboat LogicRay is a serial entrepreneur with 3 company exits and a 24+ year enterprise security career with executive leadership roles in Corporate Development, Marketing and Sales at several leading firms, including Check Point Software, Proofpoint, Websense, and OneTrust. In 2011, Ray co-founded Nexgate with a breakthrough platform to help brands discover, monitor and secure their brands social presence. Nexgate was acquired by Proofpoint (NASDAQ: PFPT) as their largest acquisition in 2014. Since Nexgate, Ray co-founded Pointgrey Partners an early stage venture investment firm focused on deep technology plays that drive competitive disruption in the enterprise and life science markets. Ray enjoys mentoring other startup ventures with his participation as an Associate in Canada’s leading technology venture mentorship program - Creative Destruction Lab. In 2017, Ray founded and became CEO of Tugboat Logic Inc, a security assurance platform that leverages advanced technology and embedded guidance to automate and simplify security management. Tugboat Logic grew to over 1500 enterprise clients, with 280% YoY growth before being acquired by OneTrust Inc in 2021. Ray also enjoys volunteering in his community with the San Mateo County Sheriff Search and Rescue Team and as an EMT with local organizations.CTO and Co-FounderPangeaSourabh Satish is a serial entrepreneur and has a long-standing accomplished career in Cyber Security. During his 25+ years of working in the security industry, Sourabh has designed and implemented many ground-breaking security products and technologies. He is a prolific innovator with more than 225 issued patents and many pending. As CTO and Co-Founder at Pangea, Sourabh is leading an engineering team of talented and passionate engineers who are building state of the art cloud native, SPaaS(Security Platform as a Service) that enables developers to embed security in the applications and expedite time to market. Prior to founding Pangea, Sourabh was the Co-founder and CTO for Phantom Cyber, which was acquired by Splunk in 2018, just three years after founding. There, he architected and implemented much of the product, Phantom, a category-defining and industry-leading product for SOAR (Security Orchestration and Automation). Prior to Phantom Cyber, Sourabh was a Distinguished Engineer at Symantec, where he developed a wide range of security products and technologies. Today Sourabh is also an advisor to many security startups in the industry.
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersCEODigiCertDr. Amit Sinha is CEO of DigiCert. Prior to DigiCert, Dr. Sinha was President of Zscaler. During his 12-year tenure, Zscaler grew from a startup to a NASDAQ-100 company and established itself as a dominant leader in enterprise security. Dr. Sinha is an independent Board Member at Zscaler and at DataRobot, an AI cloud platform company, and an advisor to several startups. Prior to Zscaler, Dr. Sinha served as CTO for Motorolas Enterprise Networking and Communications business, delivering Wi-Fi solutions. He was the CTO of AirDefense, a market leader in the wireless security space, leading to its successful acquisition by Motorola in 2008. Prior to AirDefense, Dr. Sinha served as Co-Founder and Chief Technologist at Engim, a Wi-Fi semiconductor company. Dr. Sinha earned his Masters and Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, and his B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, where he graduated summa cum laude and was awarded the President of India Gold Medal. He has authored over 25 journal/conference papers, contributed to 3 books, and is the inventor of 39 U.S. patents granted or pending.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCEOData RobotDebanjan is the CEO of DataRobot. He joined DataRobot at the beginning of 2022 as President and COO, and was appointed CEO in July, 2022. Before joining DataRobot, he was VP/GM of Data Analytics services, including BigQuery, Dataflow, PubSub, Dataproc etc in Google Cloud (GCP). In that role, Debanjan led engineering, operations, and drove go-to- market strategy and overall P and L, for GCP Analytics business. Prior to joining Google, Debanjan led Database services at AWS where he led the development and launch of Amazon Aurora, a massively scalable relational database service re-imagined for the cloud. In 2019, Debanjan was named one of the technology executive of the year for transforming database industry. He is also responsible for launching AWS Glue, a data integration and transformation service at the core of AWS Datalake. Debanjan has also held multiple executive and technical leadership positions in IBM, including a 2-year international assignment in Shanghai, China. He started his career as a Principal Engineer at Tellium, an optical networking pioneer and helped them grow from an early stage start-up to a public company ($3B+ IPO). Debanjan is a Fellow of the IEEE and a Distinguished Member of the ACM and has co-authored a book, 50+ US patent applications, 100+ technical articles, including award winning papers and major Internet standards. He has a MS and PhD degrees from the University of Maryland, and a BTech from IIT, all in Computer Science.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCEO and FounderPryon
Igor is the CEO and Founder of Pryon. Named an “Industry Luminary” by Speech Technology Magazine, he previously founded industry pioneer Yap, the world’s first high-accuracy, fully- automated cloud platform for voice recognition. After its products were deployed by dozens of enterprises, the company became Amazon’s first AI-related acquisition. The firm’s inventions then served as the nucleus for follow on products such as Alexa, Echo, and Fire TV.
Igor then served as a Program Director at IBM, and led the team that designed the precursor to Watson and developed the world’s first multimodal Web browser. He was awarded Eisenhower and Truman National Security fellowships to explore and expand the role of entrepreneurship and venture capital in addressing geopolitical concerns. As an innovator in human language technologies, he believes in fostering career and educational opportunities for others entering STEM fields. As such, he serves as a mentor in the TechStars’ Alexa Accelerator, was a Blackstone NC Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR), and founded a chapter of the Global Shapers, a program of the World Economic Forum.
Igor holds a B.S. in Computer Engineering from The Pennsylvania State University, where he was named an Outstanding Engineering Alumnus, and an MBA from The University of North Carolina.Machine Learning Tech LeadMetaAnkit Jain currently works as a machine learning tech lead at Meta where he works on a variety of deep learning problems. Previously, he was a ML researcher at Uber AI where he worked on application of deep learning methods to different problems ranging from food delivery, fraud detection to self-driving cars. He has co- authored a book on machine learning titled TensorFlow Machine Learning Projects. Ankit also teaches AI and machine learning at various boot camps to empower the next generation of technologists. Additionally, he&rsquo;s been a featured speaker in many of the top AI conferences and universities and has published papers in several top conferences like Neurips, ICLR. He earned his MS from UC Berkeley and BS from IIT Bombay (India).PrincipalThomvest VenturesAshish is a Venture Capital investor focused on early-stage cloud, data/ml and cybersecurity startups. He helps technical founders build lasting companies as a trusted long-term partner. He enjoys supporting founders with a balance of technical know-how, customer insights and empathy. His recent investments include Harness (devops CI/CD automation), Isovalent (creators of Cilium and eBPF), CyCognito (external attack surface management) and Opaque Systems (confidential computing) where he is a Board Observer. He runs a deep network of software builders, sales leaders, investors and CXO buyers that he tries to make available to founders.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersDr Pandian Angaiyan (Moderator)CTO, Hi-TechTech Mahindra
Dr. Pandian Angaiyan heads the technology office for Tech Mahindra’s Enterprise Technology SBU as CTO based out of San Jose office.
He has decades of experience in incubating & leading computing businesses based on niche technologies, which gives him the right tools to lead disruptive digital transformation initiatives for Tech Mahindra’s customers.
In his previous role, he has lead the Cloud Innovation Business for a global consulting company where he has played the role of Cloud Transformation Partner for several customers, helping define their cloud strategy, building a minimum viable products and eventually transforming them into full- fledged solutions.
He also incubated and built platform based Cloud services group and established ‘High Performance Computing Practice’ with integration and acquisition of niche technological expertise and provided a differentiating solution benefiting major customers. Dr. Pandian has two decades of experience in various computing technologies starting from embedded systems all the way to hyper scale architectures.
Dr. Pandian has a Ph.D., in symbolic and numeric computational algorithms for real time applications from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and has a Masters of Technology in Computer Engineering from Mysore University.VP EngineeringMosaic MLHagay Lupesko is the VP Engineering at Mosaic ML and is on a mission to make ML training more efficient and accessible. Prior to Mosaic ML, Hagay was a Director of Engineering at Meta AI, where he led machine learning engineering and applied research to deploy state- of-the-art AI systems at a massive scale, and powered key businesses and user experiences across Meta's platforms. Hagay has also led Deep Learning Engineering teams responsible for building deep learning systems and tools to help engineers and scientists leverage artificial intelligence in their services and applications. Earlier in his career, Hagay engineered and shipped products across various domains from 3D medical imaging, through global-scale web systems, and up to deep learning systems used at scale by engineers and scientists worldwide. Hagay has a Masters degree from Tel Aviv University in Computer Science and Bachelor of Computer Science degree from Ben Gurion University.General ManagerAmazon Web ServicesCTOBlume GlobalMark Pluta is currently Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Blume Global, a leader in global logistics and digital supply chain solutions. At Blume Global, Mark leads AI platform development and science teams, and drives architectural strategy for the cloud-, AI- and machine learning-based Blume Digital Platform. Prior to Blume Global, Mark was SVP, Head of Business Products for Infosys/Edgeverve. He has also worked in leadership roles at Marsh ClearSight, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Manhattan Associates, Netscape and Andersen Consulting. At Manhattan Associates, he was Chief Architect for all&nbsp;Manhattan&nbsp;products, including TMS and end-to-end visibility. He has a B.S. in engineering from the&nbsp;University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersGlobal Head- VP, Product and Engineering, Customer Digital ExperienceVMware
Mohit is a Product, Engineering, UX, and PMO leader who is currently responsible for VMware's AI-driven platform. He leads a team that works to create an engaging, unified, and simplified digital experience for VMware's customers.
With over 22 years of experience in technology, Mohit has been on the forefront of micro-services and cloud computing. In his previous roles as a Product & Technology Executive (CTO, CIO, CPO), he has built highly scalable technology platforms to support global omni-channel operations.
Mohit has a holistic and deep understanding of profitable e-commerce operations, including digital strategy, product management, software engineering, site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing, and analytics.Tech Innovatortmamut.comTatyana Mamut is a transformational technology executive who delivers game-changing results by anticipating the future, obsessing over customers, and building amazing teams. She was Product Leader and General Manager of successful new businesses at Nextdoor, Amazon, Salesforce, Pendo, and IDEO. She serves on the Board of Directors for Sauce Labs, and previously UserTesting, where she was the Compensation Committee Chairperson through the company's IPO and acquisition. Tatyana holds a BA in Economics from Amherst College, a PhD in Anthropology from UC Berkeley, and is a certified Scenario Planner, Yoga Instructor, and Reiki Master.SVP of ProductAffirm
Ashraf Karim is SVP of Product at Affirm. She leads the Financial Services Platform product organization, which powers the BNPL customer journey serving more than 6M+ customers and over 10K+ businesses. Ashraf joined Affirm from Paypal, where she was VP of Product Management for the Customer Success Platform organization. She has led product development for both consumer solutions and product platforms delivering scalable, personalized, and enriched experiences leveraging AI and best in class platform strategies. Prior to PayPal, Ashraf spent nearly 6 years at Google where she was Global Head of Prototypes and Tools, delivering productivity and operational excellence for the Online Partnership group. Prior to Product Management she had 14 years of Software Engineering and Management experience. Ashraf is a passionate advocate for girls and women pursuing STEM careers.VP Global Customer ExperienceJuniper NetworksWith 20 years of experience leading product design, development and strategy in Fortune 500 companies, Surbhi has built and led product and engineering teams at technology icons including Google, YouTube, Netflix, and Cisco. Over the last decade she has launched multiple successful & insightful products, many of which encompass AI and machine learning expertise. Additionally, Surbhi led query disambiguation and speech recognition efforts on leading edge Google Home and Google Assistant enabled devices using Google Cloud ML models. Currently Surbhi is leading Juniper's Customer Experience charter focused on incorporating Juniper's Experience-First Networking initiatives into every aspect of the customer journey. She is focused on building omnichannel engagements and ML based proactive and predictive support capabilities. Leveraging her EQ-based motivational leadership style, Surbhi is leading highly cross-functional initiatives enabling digital transformation of both services and enterprise business. Surbhi holds a Bachelor's in Engineering from IIT Kanpur and a Master's degree in computer science from Texas A&M University. She also holds General Management Program (GMP) degree from Harvard Business School Surbhi leads Global Inclusion & Diversity initiatives at Juniper and is passionate about supporting and giving back to the IIT community. She is a key leader of the IIT Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning forum, a Board Member for IIT Kanpur Foundation, and the former President of IIT West Coast alumni association. She has also Chaired and led the "Women in Product" San Francisco Bay Area organization and is an active member of Chief.
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCo-founder & Head of TechnologySnorkel AIBraden is a co-founder and Head of Technology at Snorkel AI. Before Snorkel, Braden spent four years developing new programmatic approaches for efficiently labeling, augmenting, and structuring training data with the Stanford AI Lab, Facebook, and Google. Prior to that, he performed NLP and ML research at Johns Hopkins University and MIT Lincoln Laboratory, and earned a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Brigham Young University.
- 9:50 am – 10:30 am PDT
10:30 am – 10:38 am PDT
- 40 mins Main Stage
10:40 am – 12:27 pm PDT
- 08 mins Main Stage
12:30 pm – 2:00 pm PDT
- 01 Hours 47 mins Main Stage
2:02 pm – 5:05 pm PDT
- 01 Hours 30 mins Hall JK
- 03 Hours 03 mins Hall JK
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersManaging DirectorMayfieldNavin ChaddhaManaging Director
MayfieldNavin leads Mayfield as Managing Director. Under his leadership, Mayfield has raised six U.S. funds and guided over 80 companies to positive outcomes. He has been named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and has ranked on the Forbes Midas List of Top 100 Tech Investors fourteen times, including being named in the Top Five in 2020 and 2022. Navin&rsquo;s investments have created over $120 billion in equity value and over 40,000 jobs. During his venture capital career, he has invested in over 60 companies, of which 18 have gone public and 27 have been acquired. Navin was one of the earliest Silicon Valley investors to leverage the promise of tech in India. As an entrepreneur, he has co-founded or led three startups, of which one went public and 2 were acquired. He is an active philanthropist who supports education, diversity, equity, inclusion, and food scarcity groups. Navin holds an MS degree in electrical engineering from Stanford University and a B.Tech degree in electrical engineering from IIT Delhi, where he was honored with the distinguished IIT Alumni Award.
- 2:00 pm – 2:15 pm PDT
2:15 pm – 3:00 pm PDT
- 15 minsSpeakersSVP IT OperationsKaiser Permanente
Bridget Karlin is the senior vice president, Information Technology, Services & Operations, at Kaiser Permanente, a $95 billion healthcare business. In her role at one of the largest integrated healthcare institutions in the world, with more than 88,000 physicians and nurses to provide care to 12.6 million members, Karlin is responsible for the information technology, services and operations that power Kaiser Permanente’s business. She is redefining how services are delivered to patients, members, employees, and partners, by transforming to an AI-based, automated, and secure IT shared services model that is enabling enterprise-wide digital transformation. Karlin leads the strategy, development, and services for a hybrid, multi-cloud enterprise IT environment, including platforms, network, infrastructure, application support, disaster and cyber resiliency, workplace technologies, and end-user services.
Karlin leverages artificial intelligence, automation, security, cloud, and open-source technologies to enhance care delivery, strengthen resiliency, ensure compliance, and for modernizing offerings and capabilities across applications and infrastructure environments. She defines the technology vision, sets the strategy, and provides the technical leadership that drives collaboration, keeping Kaiser Permanente at the forefront of the industry by building technical communities with developers and strategic ecosystem partners to flourish in thought leadership, new ways of working, and innovation for a more compelling healthcare experience.
Prior to Kaiser Permanente, Bridget served as IBM’s Global Chief Technology Officer of the $20 billion Global Technology Services division. In this role, she was responsible for the industry’s largest IT Infrastructure services estate of more than 750,000 servers supporting millions of endpoints from the edge to the cloud, with a global team of distinguished engineers, data scientists, and advanced architects. As global CTO, her notable innovation with AI-based automation across private and public cloud environments earned IBM the industry leadership ranking for Intelligent IT Infrastructure Services Automation, while delivering key operating results.
Before joining IBM, Karlin held senior leadership roles at Intel Corporation, as general manager of its Internet of Things division, and prior to that, as general manager of Intel’s Hybrid Cloud business. Additionally, she has served in executive positions at Union Bank, managing director at Redleaf Venture Capital, and was president and co-founder of Thinque Systems, a pioneer in mobile software deployed in 43 countries.
Karlin serves on the board of Dana Inc. (NYSE: DAN), a Fortune 500 world leader in automotive manufacturing for conventional, hybrid, and electric-powered vehicles. Additionally, she serves on the board of the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), a non-profit organization that represents the $398 billion U.S. consumer technology industry. Karlin is a recipient of the 2021 Technology Hall of Fame, the 2019 National Technology Humanitarian Award, the 2019 Women in Consumer Technology Legacy Award, the Industrial IoT 5G Innovators Award, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, and the Bell Labs Technology Innovator Award.
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm PDT
- 45 mins Hall A2SpeakersChief Medical OfficerHCATarannum Guller, MD, chief medical officer, is an Internal Medicine trained, career hospitalist, most recently serving as a senior executive providing hospitalist and intensivist services across California and the country. Dr. Guller received her medical degree from the Pravara Institute of Medical Science, India and completed her residency at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts. She has a Masters in Medical Management from Carnegie Mellon University and was Chief Resident for her residency program. Dr. Guller is patient centric and brings a passion for world-class quality and service. She has worked both for profit and not for profit as well as non profit healthcare entities. She was recently honored by Silicon Valley Business Journal at their Women of Influence event for her work during the COVID pandemic in the county of Santa Clara.Sara Vaezy (Moderator)EVP Chief Strategy and Digital OfficerProvidence HealthSara Vaezy is Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy and Digital Officer for Providence where she is responsible for system strategy and digital innovation for the integrated delivery network (IDN) which includes 52 hospitals and 1,085 clinics and serves over 5 million unique patients. Sara brings deep experience to the organization in both digital and enterprise strategy development and leads system strategy, the ongoing development and evolution of Providence’s integrated strategic and financial plan and cross-collaboration of the Providence councils as Providence continues to advance toward and design the system of the future. Sara is the architect of the Providence digital innovation model upon with the Digital Innovation Group (DIG) was founded, resulting in company partnerships and incubation of technologies that deliver value for Providence as well as other health systems. Sara is active in the broader healthcare industry serving as an NCQA Board Director, as a member of inaugural class of the Frist Cressey Ventures Collective, a Harvard Executive Education Faculty Member, a Health Evolution Forum Fellow, World 50 Digital 50 member, a Forbes Business Council Member, and a board observer for DexCare. She has won numerous awards and has been recognized as a Business Insider 30 under 40 Transforming the Future of Healthcare (2019), Catholic Health Association Tomorrow’s Leader (2019), a Becker’s Rising Star in Health IT (2020), and a Becker’s Women to Watch in Health IT (2020 & 2022). She holds an MHA and an MPH in Health Policy from the University of Washington School of Public Health and BAs in Physics and Philosophy from the University of California, Berkeley.MD, Founder and InvestorTri VenturesDr. Peter Fitzgerald is Director of the Center for Cardiovascular Technology at Stanford University Medical School, and Co-founder/Managing Partner at Triventures. He is an Interventional Cardiologist and has a PhD in Engineering. He is Professor Emeritus in the Departments of Medicine and Engineering at Stanford. He has led or participated in over 150 clinical trials, published over 450 manuscripts/chapters, and lectures worldwide. Peter has been principle/founder of 24 healthcare companies in Silicon Valley, has transitioned 18 of these start-ups to medium/large-cap life science companies and remains on several of their advisory boards. He has been a consultant for the FDA for the past 15 years focused on medical technology and more recently, digital health. Prior, Peter was a co-founding partner of LVP capital in San Francisco, deriving his experience in venture capital from three funds focused on medical device and biotechnology start-ups. Peter is co-founder and managing partner of Triventures and heads the US office. Peter currently participates on the boards of: Cala Health, Cathworks, Day Zero Diagnostics, FemSelect, Genoox, HealthReveal, V-wave. Past Triventures’ portfolio companies where Peter participated on the boards include: Apica, MST, Orthospace and Zingbox.
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersChief Clinical OfficerBabylon HealthDr. Marcus Zachary is a physician executive specializing in population health. He currently works at Babylon Health as the Chief Clinical Officer overseeing US operations. Prior to being in operations, he served as the Global Head of Business Development working broadly with product, clinical, operations and sales to deploy this first of its kind virtual primary care model. Before joining Babylon, Dr Zachary was the Associate CMO and National Medical Executive for Payer Partnership Solutions at Evolent Health. He provided clinical support and oversight for all activities occurring in the solution. This included but was not limited to business development, clinical implementation, medical analytics and ongoing operations. Marcus also provided a California IPA lens to organizational efforts around HCC/RAF, clinical analytics, quality and physician compensation. Prior to joining Evolent, Dr. Zachary was the VP/Senior medical director for quality and population health at Brown and Toland Medical Group. He was responsible for the strategic goals of BTMG with particular focus on ACOs and other risk products. He also had direct operational oversight of the medical services organization and performance improvement departments. Within the organization, Dr. Zachary helped design and drive initiatives linking quality, utilization, and IT in the pursuit of the Triple Aim. Prior to joining BTMG, Dr. Zachary was the lead physician informaticist for Dignity Health in San Francisco. He oversaw the implementation of their hospital electronic medical records system (Cerner). Dr. Zachary served as a Medical Director for both Cogent-HMG and Galen Inpatient Physicians for their respective Hospital Medicine Programs. He is board certified in internal medicine with over a decade of clinical experience as a hospitalist and is a Fellow of the Society of Hospital Medicine.Brigitte Piniewski (Moderator)Physician AuthorWealthcare: Demystifying Web3 and the Rise of Personal Data EconomiesBrigitte Piniewski is a physician, ex-healthcare executive, researcher, author, and angel investor with deep expertise in many angles of healthcare. While providing investor education in Web3 ethos, she has articulated an urgent need for health transformation and the pivotal achievements that these new technological approaches are poised to produce. To this end, Dr Piniewski advises for Nex Cubed, a leader in early-stage innovation and start-up acceleration. She has worked with international founders from Singapore, Korea, and Canada as well as the United States. Dr Piniewski received her medical degree from the University of British Columbia and McGill University, Canada and she currently resides in Portland, Oregon. Author of “Wealthcare: Demystifying Web3 and the Rise of Personal Data Economies” We’re on the cusp of our next leap in global value creation. Just as the industrial age followed by the internet age saw a huge leap in capital and wealth creation, the conditions are set for another leap in wealth. Back then, new, online-enabled tools provided industry with the path to extend traditional businesses models with digitally native solutions and wealth creation soared. Now the core enablers of this next wealth inflection are ready. Of note, this wealth will not be the product of a handful of unicorns, but instead the product of mass consumer participation in robust economies driven by diverse data marketplaces. Wealthcare: Demystifying Web3 and the Rise of Personal Data Economies sets out the why, where, and how stakeholders are organizing in preparation of this next leap in global value creation. What does the future look like? How do we get there? Regardless of where you are in your blockchain and crypto journey, Wealthcare will walk you through the bits needed to both understand and participate in this new tomorrow. We’re excited to have you join the effort. Please invite your friends.Medical DirectorKaiser PermanenteDr. Reena Bhargava, MD, FACP, is a practicing Internist with Board certifications in Internal Medicine, Clinical Informatics, and Lifestyle Medicine. Reena is the Medical Director of Kaiser’s Appointment & Advice Call Center which serves over 4 million patients with their telehealth needs. Reena also serves as a Councilor on the Santa Clara County Medical Association.Reena is passionate about building efficient, clinically safe patient care systems for telehealth, supported by innovative digital technologies. She has been a lead physician for developing clinical decision support tools for Kaiser’s telehealth platform. This platform uses data driven, evidence-based medicine to provide safe, efficient and excellent patient care. Reena has also developed many innovative digital care-delivery tools, including electronic physician visits (e-Visits). Her work on e-Visits and their efficacy has been published in the prestigious publication, JAMA. Reena is a researcher and has published extensively in leading medical journals. Earlier in her career she trained at Stanford University School of Medicine as an NIH Fellow in Endocrinology with a focus on Insulin Resistance and Metabolic Syndrome. From 2006 to 2015, she was a Clinical Assistant Professor (Affiliated) of Medicine at Stanford. Reena is also a leader in women’s health, developing a Healthy Bones program to screen some hundreds of thousands of women for osteoporosis. She has presented her research on osteoporosis, gender bias in lipid management, and domestic/intimate partner violence at International and National Medical conferences.
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersDaniel Haders (Moderator)Co-Founder and CEOModel MedicinesDr. Haders has 20+ years of experience in healthcare as a scientist, entrepreneur, advisor & investor. Dr. Haders is currently the Co-Founder and CEO of Model Medicines, a PIND stage AI/ML Drug Discovery company that has built a pipeline of novel acting broad-spectrum antiviral, oncology and GI assets (https://www.modelmedicines.com/pipeline), including the potential best-in-class, first-in-class MDL-001. More information about MDL-001 and the oncology program can be found here (https://www.modelmedicines.com/newsroom). Model Medicines has raised over $8M to date with backing from investors including 8VC, Friedman Bioventures, Irving Ventures and ParticleX. Prior to co-founding Model Medicines, Daniel launched the Nex Cubed Digital Health Accelerator. Here, Daniel built an early-stage investment portfolio of 25+ Digital Healthcare companies with an enterprise value of over $250M, investment results that would place the portfolio in the top decile. The accelerator has been named one of the Top Ten Global Digital Health Accelerators and The Best Accelerators & Incubators for FemTech Startups. He is also an Operating Partner at Sway Ventures, leading Digital Health investing and portfolio oversight. Dr. Haders is a Board Observer at AppliedVR, a VR digital therapeutic company, backed by investors including F-Prime, Jazz, SVB, JJDC and Sway, which was granted break though device designation and cleared by the FDA in 2022. Other investments include MedCrypt, which recently closed its Series B with co-investors including Dexcom, JJDC, Intuitive Ventures, and Section 32 among others. Dr. Haders is a Faculty Member and Member of the Advisory Committee of the UCSD, Digital Health Certificate Program and a Member of the BioMedX Oversight Committee at Columbia University Technology Ventures. Prior to his current roles, Dr. Haders held positions from research fellow to senior scientist to Co-Founder/CEO in the fields of medical devices, pharmaceuticals & nano-drug delivery. At LuxBio, Daniel and Model Medicines Co-Founder Sean Russell helped develop LX214 from concept through a successful Phase I study. The LX214 program/formulation was further developed clinically by Sun Pharma & gained FDA approval under the name CEQUA in 2018. Dr. Haders holds both a BS and PhD in Biomedical Engineering and has been awarded multiple Fellowships for scientific research including a National Science Foundation IGERT Fellowship in Integratively Engineered Biointerfaces and a Department of Education GAANN Fellowship in Molecular, Cellular and Nanosystems Bioengineering.ChairpersonGlassbeamMs. Longmore-Grund is a global "C" level executive with deep strategic, operational and financial leadership experience across a variety of company profiles ranging from public and private Fortune 100, mid cap, PE and venture-funded startups. She has significant capital markets experience, leading 30+ transformational M&A and capital formation transactions with ~ $3.5B of value and building high performing leadership teams who successfully deliver sustainable growth and shareholder value. Ms. Longmore-Grund served as President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Alliance HealthCare Services from 2018 to 2021. When Alliance was acquired in September of 2021 by Akumin Inc. (NASDAQ: AKU), Ms. Longmore-Grund served as President and Co-CEO as well as Director of the newly merged Akumin company to facilitate a smooth transition and integration through March of 2022. With the acquisition of Alliance HealthCare Services, Akumin became the leading provider of comprehensive radiology and oncology healthcare services, operating ~200 fixed site outpatient imaging and radiation therapy centers, providing outsourced services to over 1,000 hospital partners and locations across 46 states and caring for approximately 2M patients per year. Prior to serving as CEO, Ms. Longmore-Grund served in a variety of financial executive roles. She served as Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Alliance HealthCare Services (NASDAQ: AIQ), Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Printronix, a global provider of industrial print technology solutions serving Fortune 500 customers across 100 countries in mission critical manufacturing and supply chain applications. She has also served as the Chief Financial Officer of Velocium, now a Northrop Grumman company.VP of InnovationElevance Health & Carelon Digital PlatformsOmid Toloui is the Vice President of Innovation at Elevance Health, where his team reinvents healthcare by identifying, incubating, and implementing innovative solutions to today&rsquo;s most urgent challenges. Under Omid&rsquo;s leadership the team has become a catalyst for impact, partnering with business and technology leaders and visionary startups to help Elevance Health improve the health of the more than 119 million people it serves. Prior to his current role, Omid was the Vice President of Digital Health at CareMore & Aspire Health, a subsidiary of Elevance Health focused on innovative care delivery. Omid earned his Master of Business Administration, Master of Public Health in Health Services Management, and Bachelor of Science in Psychobiology from UCLA, where he is also on the faculty of the UCLA Anderson School of Management.SVP, Global Head of CommercializationRocheTim has a diverse and proven track record of success as an entrepreneur, corporate executive, private equity investor and strategy consultant. Tim is a mission-driven leader with an ability to build, inspire and lead high performing teams. Tim is currently the SVP, Global Head of Commercialization for Roche Information Solutions. In that capacity he leads the end-to-end commercialization of a digital health portfolio which includes workflow, analytics, clinical decision support solutions across oncology, cardiometabolic and neurodegenerative disease areas. Prior to Roche, Tim was a co-founder and Chief Commercial Officer at Viewics, which was acquired by Roche in 2017. Viewics was a healthcare analytics platform which became a market leader in clinical and operational analytics for laboratories. Prior to Viewics, Tim was a founding member of the Applied Technology Investing Team at Opus Capital. He began his career at Stockamp & Associates (Acquired by Huron) leading revenue cycle and patient progression projects at leading academic medical centers and health systems across the U.S. Tim holds a bachelor of Management Science, with honors, from the University of California, San Diego and an MBA from the University of California Haas School of Business with a focus on healthcare.
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersSVP and CIOMultiCare Health SystemBradd Busick is the SVP and CIO of MultiCare Health System. Previously as the CTO of MultiCare Health System, Bradd was responsible for technology development systems, processes, overall software, and solution design at the company. Bradd has also held high-profile roles at MacDonald-Miller and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, among others. A Business Transformation 150 award winner and TED Speaker, he earned a bachelor’s degree in political science and business administration from Pacific Lutheran University. Bradd also earned his MBA in technology and Innovation Management from Pacific Lutheran University.EVP Sales and MarketingCanon Medical System USAAs senior vice president, and chief Sales and Marketing officer, Satrajit Misra is responsible for overseeing sales and marketing and is responsible for the performance, strategy, and alignment of the booking and revenue growth and development of the U.S. market. Prior to this position, Misra has served as vice president, Marketing, and senior director, CT Business Unit, increasing sales and launching new products including the award-winning Aquilion™ ONE ViSION. Before joining Canon Medical Systems USA, Misra served as senior director and head of product marketing for Nuclear Medicine at Philips Healthcare and was a medical systems director of Business Management at Siemens. With over 25 Years of industry Experience in Multi-modality Medical Imaging & Informatics solutions, Misra holds degrees in applied physics and electrical engineering from the University of Calcutta in India and has attended the School of Business and Economic Studies at the University of Leeds in the United Kingdom.Atif Chaughtai (Moderator)Head of Global Heathcare & Life sciencesRedhatAtif Chaughtai brings 20+ years experience in information technology with a focus on Healthcare and Life Sciences. At Red Hat, Chaughtai oversees the healthcare vertical solutions, ensuring both industry business needs and emerging requirements align to the Red Hat portfolio. He is an active participant on various Healthcare and Life Sciences standards committees. Prior to joining Red Hat, Chaughtai held positions in healthcare IT as Chief Technologist and Healthcare Ecosystem Executive, including running P&L for a global software organization. At the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Chaughtai served as an Enterprise Architect. His work at NIH included streamlining grants management and clinical research programs while ensuring HIPAA compliance. He was recognized multiple times for his contribution to the NIH&rsquo;s mission. Chaughtai has two patents for his work in information delivery in low latency and low bandwidth environments.
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm PDT
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersSenior Vice President, General Manager Service Provider and Edge Business Unit (SEBU)VMWareSanjay is the SVP and General Manager of the Service Provider & Edge Business Unit (SEBU) at VMware. SEBU is focused on modernizing the network and accelerating the monetization of services for service providers, while driving value for both service providers and enterprise customers through networking, security and compute services at the edge. Sanjay came to VMware following the acquisition of VeloCloud by VMware in December 2017. Prior to VMware, Sanjay was the CEO and co-founder of VeloCloud Networks and grew VeloCloud to be the leader in the fast-growing Software-Defined Wide Area Networking (SD-WAN) space. Earlier, Sanjay ran publicly traded OnMobile Global, serving as its president and COO. Sanjay was at Citrix as vice president of the Application Networking business through the acquisition of Caymas Systems where he was president and CEO. In the past, Sanjay has served in executive roles at Webvan (VP of Engineering and Business Development) and at Hewlett-Packard where he ran the Internet Infrastructure Division as vice president and general manager prior to his departure in 1999. Sanjay holds an MS in the Management of Technology from Stanford University, an MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and a BS in Electrical Engineering from The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay. Sanjay enjoys trail running, cycling, making gadgets, watching popular shows and movies (Game of Thrones, The Big Lebowski), and gardening with his family. Although he considers himself to be culinarily challenged, he is frequently seen snacking on dark chocolate and crisp croissants.
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersAnoop Dawar (Moderator)Product ExecutiveEarly Seed InvestorAnoop is an early stage investor and founder coach. He specializes in Generative AI, Enterprise SaaS, DevOps and Infrastructure. Anoop led the Product Management team at GitLab, one of the fastest growing software companies through COVID and IPO to build a revolutionary DevSecOps platform for everyone. Prior to GitLab, Anoop led product management and marketing at MapR, a data platform for AI and Analytics, where the team grew customer base by over 300 percent, revenues by over 300 percent, and data under management on MapR platform across all companies to nearly an exabyte. Anoop values transparency, trusted partnership, and combining data with product sense to discover, validate and deliver customer-value. Areas of interest span Developer tools, Cloud, Infrastructure, Security, ML/AI (including generative AI), Enterprise B2B, and SaaS.Head of Product ManagementSumit Gupta leads product strategy and product management for all Google systems and middleware infrastructure that is used across Search, Cloud, YouTube, Ads, Maps, etc. He started at Google in Jan 2021, by first leading ML Infrastructure / TPUs. Previously at IBM, Sumit built deep learning based software products and led the overall AI Strategy in his roles as Chief AI Strategy officer and CTO, prior to that as VP of Products for AI, ML, and HPC. Before that, he was the General Manager of the AI & GPU accelerated data center unit at NVIDIA and was central in building that business from the ground-up to what is now a multi-billion dollar business for NVIDIA. Sumit advises several startups, and is an advisor to Canadas Next AI accelerator. Sumit has a Ph.D. in CS from UC, Irvine, and a Bachelors degree in EE from IIT Delhi.Head of Product ManagementUberCEO & Co founderHotmail, ShowReelCEO & CTOSupportVectors
3:30 pm – 3:45 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersVice President, Chief Security Officer, Head of Software Engineering and OperationsBroadcomAndy Nallappan is the Chief Security Officer and Head of Software Business Operations at Broadcom Software, responsible for Cloud Platform Engineering, Cloud Operations and Services, DevOps (CI/CD/CT), DevSecOps, Cyber Security, and Software Engineering Operations. Throughout his long career with Broadcom (via HP, Agilent, and Avago), Andy has held a variety of key leadership positions overseeing Enterprise Applications, Enterprise Infrastructure, Data Center management, Customer Support Platforms, and Fab applications. &nbsp; Andy was the Global Chief Information Officer of Broadcom until November 2020, where he ledseveral successful M&A integrations and delivered significant performance improvements of Broadcoms SaaS offerings. Through empowerment and simplification, he seamlessly deployed and scaled intelligent automation solutions while enhancing the customer, supplier, and workforce experience. &nbsp; Andy continues to disrupt the tech landscape, driving cost down and value up. He is a pioneer that evolved Broadcom&rsquo;s IT function into the industry leader it is today.Managing Director and Global Lead in Hybrid Cloud Sales and GTMAccentureSri Narasimhan has skills of strategic thinking, senior global sales and marketing executive with a proven track record of success across both public and private technology companies. A metric driven, customer facing leader with a hands-on approach&mdash;placing heavy emphasis on rigor and process to drive market share, gross revenue and EBITDA. He is a strong proponent of corporate governance, business fundamentals and mentorship as cornerstones of building successful enterprises and developing successful leaders. Sri has held key leadership roles at Accenture, Hewlett Packard, Symantec, Adobe and privately held organizations.Vice President Global Systems IntegratorsVMWareMonty Bhatia is the Vice President of Global System Integrators within VMware’s Strategic Ecosystem and Industry Solutions organization. He joined VMware in early 2022 and is an accomplished IT executive with 25 plus years of experience in managing and delivering multimillion dollar technology solutions across many vertical and horizontal markets. Monty brings deep expertise in the areas of Cloud Computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), software development, enterprise architecture (EA), product management, web applications, and organizations approach to sustainability. Monty brings a wide array of professional capabilities to VMware such as building strong client and business relationships. Prior to joining VMware, Monty was the Americas Sales Leader for GSIs and Global SAP partner leader at AWS. Monty is a life-long dedicated Dallas Cowboys fan. He lives in Palo Alto with his wife, daughter, and 3-year-old Cavalier Poodle named Tara. He and his daughter enjoy golfing together at the beautiful, yet challenging, courses in the area.Senior Vice President and General Manager of Cloud StorageNetAppRonen Schwartz is a business executive with deep experience in business, strategy, and technology innovation. He is senior vice president and general manager responsible for accelerating NetApp’s Cloud Storage business across hybrid and multicloud and expanding NetApp’s Cloud Data Management Services. Before joining NetApp, Schwartz was executive vice president, Technology and Eco-System, Operations and Strategy at Informatica and senior vice president and general manager of Informatica Cloud, leading Informatica Cloud product strategy, product management and go-to market. During his 14 years at Informatica, he helped lead the company through its own transformation from on-premises to the public cloud, from license revenue to recurring revenue. Schwartz joined Informatica from the acquisition of Itemfield, where he managed sales operations, services and support. Prior to Itemfield, Schwartz managed international, large-scale EDI implementations, SWIFT gateways and payments hubs. Schwartz holds a Bachelor of Science cum laude, in Information Technology from Technion -Technological Institute of Israel and a Master's cum laude in Business Administration from Tel Aviv University - Recanati Graduate School of Business. Ronen was born in Haifa, Israel and lives in Palo Alto, CA. He and his wife Sigal have a full house with their three kids: Carmel, Daniel and Liam. In his spare time, Ronen likes to run, travel the world and read. Ronen is also a fanatic soccer fan and a whiskey enthusiast.Ajay Dawar (Moderator)Product ExecutiveAngel InvestorAjay Dawar is a Product Executive and an Angel investor, investing in areas that are at the intersection of Business and Social impact, such as reducing single use plastic, addressing fake news, and protecting consumer privacy. Ajay has an extensive background in AI/ML, SaaS, CRM, Data and Analytics.
3:45 pm – 4:15 pm PDT
- 15 mins Hall A1SpeakersPresident- Product and EngineeringZoomVelchamy Sankarlingam is President of Product and Engineering for Zoom. Prior to joining Zoom, Velchamy was Senior Vice President of Cloud Services Development and Operations at VMware and had roles across both R&D and IT. He managed a business unit in R&D and was also responsible for all infrastructure in the company, including building and operating one of the largest private clouds. Velchamy was also responsible for helping VMware transform to SaaS and the development of all business applications at VMware. Before joining VMware, Velchamy was Vice President of Engineering and Operations at Cisco where he was responsible for engineering and operations of Webex. Prior to that, Velchamy held Vice President positions at Webex (acquired by Cisco) and Presenter.com (acquired by Webex). He also worked at Andersen Consulting (now Accenture), IBM, Network Computing Devices, and Standard Microsystems.Nidhi Surana (Moderator)Senior Manager of Product ManagementYahoo
Nidhi is a seasoned product leader with extensive experience in consumer products. Currently on the Yahoo Finance team, she leads a team of product managers with a focus on revenue diversification and growth. With 11 years of experience in product management, she has a proven track record of building successful consumer products that solve real-world problems and create a positive impact on users' lives while driving business growth. With extensive knowledge of fintech (wealth management), media, and real estate domains, she brings a deep understanding of industry trends and user needs. A natural relationship builder, Nidhi excels at rallying teams around a shared vision, and has a strong passion for building, growing and nurturing high- performing and empowered teams.
4:15 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersGeneral Manager and PartnerMicrosoftSudha is a highly experienced Product Executive with over 20 years of expertise in digital media, e-commerce, marketplaces, AI, and cloud technologies. She has made a direct impact on enterprises, SMBs, and consumers throughout her career. In 2019, Sudha was recognized as one of the Most Admired Businesswomen by Insights Success and was also recently featured by CXO magazine as a Global leader with exemplary vision. She has been featured as 52 Women in Product Management making an impact by Product management festival.&nbsp; Currently, Sudha holds the position of General Manager and Partner leading a Product team at Microsoft, overseeing Core services with focus on Azure Networking. Prior to this, she served as the Head of Product at eBay, where she led First party advertising and the developer ecosystem. Sudha was also the Head of Product - Customer Experience at Flipkart where, as first women expat she managed Product Management, Design, and Product Operations. During her tenure as the Director of Product at Yahoo, Sudha built the largest Online Display Ads marketplace and data platforms. With a strong background in both national and international markets, Sudha holds a Masters degree in computer science and an MBA in Marketing. She is passionate about building innovative products and solving complex problems. Sudha strongly believes in delivering outstanding products for customers while fostering strong relationships. She upholds the philosophy of treating every person as a customer in some way and treating them the way she would want to be treated.Director Site EngineeringAshi Sareen is experienced in leading engineering teams to build large scale enterprise grade infrastructure software products in enterprise cloud, mobile and security markets. Ashi has led global teams of up to 100 engineers comprising of software developers, UX, quality engineers and software architects. She is currently leading the team responsible for Oracle Cloud and Dev Ops software for Fusion Apps. She holds nearly 20 years of hands on experience in full stack enterprise software delivery including defining product strategy and UX, delivering innovative ways to reduce cost, leading key customer initiative and leading 24-7 devops teams. Ashi has 15 years of experience in people management and experienced in building teams from ground up and leading global team. Ashi has led teams via agile methodologies and has been extensively involved with customer and exec interactions. Ashi has been recognized as Top Women Technologies in the Bay Area.Nidhi Wadmark (Moderator)(Former) Director of Product ManagementPaypalNidhi Wadmark is an experienced product management, strategy, and transformation leader driving results and making a lasting positive impact in the payments, healthcare, e-commerce, and financial services industries. Nidhi is skilled in developing relationships and rallying teams around a vision to build products, services, and communities that help people at scale. She continually creates and executes strategies that drive results, meet customer needs, and align with business objectives. Nidhi builds and leads high-performance teams via inclusive management, goal setting, and motivation. Beyond work, Nidhi leads and drives change in her community. She is the Global Co-chair for PayPals employee resource group for disability inclusion, the founder of a local chapter of Women in Product, a mentor to product managers, and previously, a co-producer/host of a TV show spotlighting the South Asian diaspora.Vice President of EngineeringOktaMonica Bajaj is a seasoned engineering leader with decades of industry experience building and scaling global diverse teams across both the consumer and enterprise space. She is currently VP of Engineering at Auth0, a division of Okta, where she empowers a frictionless developer experience ensuring ease of mind for her customers by focusing on building scalable and secure identity solutions. Monica brings in decades of industry experience across various tech industries and has been successful in building global diverse teams and scaling technology across multiple industries in the space of Consumer/ Enterprise, Infrastructure and Security. Prior to Okta she was a Senior Director of Product and Engineering at Workday where she led the efforts of replatforming Workday Community as a secure and scalable SaaS platform. Outside of work, Monica is very active in programs around mentorship, diversity, and uplifting women and young girls. She has won several awards as a Mentor of the Year 2021 award and has been recognized as top 60 Women technical leaders by the Girl Geek X Community. She has also served on the board as Technology and Chief Compliance Officer for Women in Localization for their GDPR and Security initiatives.
- 15 mins Hall A3SpeakersChairman and CEOCXAppDirects CXApps positioning as The Workplace SuperApp and cements pioneering hybrid workplace solution as a category-maker CEO, Khurram Sheikh, is a global citizen having grown up and lived on three continents, an innovator who helped pioneer mobile technologies, networks, software and applications. Khurram is passionate about transformational change and is focused on realizing the vision of the Workplace Super App centered around the employee experience.&nbsp; An engineer by training with 12 issued US patents, Khurram has been leading transformational projects since his days as a summer intern at Sprint from Stanford in 1996 to his current role as the CEO of KINS Technology Group- in between he has worked across the whole technology stack from Silicon to SaaS. Khurram is an avid traveler, sports enthusiast and family man&hellip;you will not be surprised to find him on the weekends at a kid&rsquo;s gaming party or at an international sports stadium. Technologist, business leader, and cricket fan, Khurram is super-excited to help shape the future of work.
- 8:30 am – 9:15 am PDT
9:15 am – 9:45 am PDT
- 45 mins Hall DSpeakersCEONextdoorSarah is Nextdoor&rsquo;s Chief Executive Officer. Before joining Nextdoor, Sarah served as CFO at Square, SVP of Finance & Strategy at Salesforce, and lead software analyst and Business Unit Leader at Goldman Sachs. Prior to serving as Nextdoor&rsquo;s CEO, Sarah was CFO of Square. Under Sarah&rsquo;s leadership, Square launched its initial public offering in 2015 and added $30B in market cap. Before her tenure at Square, Sarah served as SVP of Finance & Strategy at Salesforce. Sarah also held executive roles at Goldman Sachs, as well as leadership positions at McKinsey in both London and South Africa. Sarah sits on the boards of directors of Walmart and ConsenSys, as well as the advisory boards of HOPE Global and the Blavatnik School of Government. She is the co-founder of Ladies Who Launch, a nonprofit that celebrates and empowers women entrepreneurs. Sarah earned her MEng in Metallurgy, Economics, and Management from the University of Oxford and her MBA from the Stanford University Graduate School of Business, where she graduated as an Arjay Miller scholar. She holds an honorary doctorate from Ulster University and in 2019 was granted an OBE from Queen Elizabeth II for services to entrepreneurship. Sarah is from Northern Ireland, has lived in South Africa, and now lives in Northern California with her husband and two children.Contributing JournalistCIO.comChris Davis is a Partner at Metis Strategy, a strategy and management consulting firm specializing in the intersection of business strategy and technology. Chris is the Head of the firm's West Coast office, where he advises Fortune 500 executives on the strategic role that technology plays in differentiating the customer experience, developing new products, unlocking new business models, and improving organizational operations. Chris is a columnist for CIO.com and public speaker at graduate schools and technology leadership conferences. Chris also contributed to the research and methodology development for Peter High's books Getting to Nimble: How to Transform Your Company into a Digital Leader (Kogan Page, 2021), Implementing World Class IT Strategy: How IT Can Drive Organizational Innovation (Jossey -Bass, 2014), and World Class IT: Why Businesses Succeed When IT Triumphs (Jossey -Bass, 2009). Chris holds a B.A. in Economics from Georgetown University and an M.S. in the Management of IT from University of Virginia's McIntire School of Commerce.
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersExecutive Vice President, Global OperationsMicron Technology, IncManish Bhatia is the executive vice president of Global Operations at Micron Technology. He is responsible for the companys end-to-end operations delivering industry leading technology and products at scale. His scope includes Fab and Assembly/Test manufacturing, Packaging and Test development, Quality, Supply Chain, Procurement as well as IT, Smart Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence initiatives. Mr. Bhatia joined Micron in 2017. Previously, Mr. Bhatia served as the Executive Vice President of Silicon Operations at Western Digital Corporation. Prior to that, Mr. Bhatia held several executive roles at SanDisk Corporation and was the companys executive Vice President of Worldwide Operations when it was acquired by Western Digital. Prior to SanDisk, Mr. Bhatia held various positions at Matrix Semiconductor and in consulting at McKinsey and Company and Saint Gobain Corporation. Mr. Bhatia earned bachelors and masters degrees in mechanical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a masters degree in business administration from MIT Sloan School of Management, which he attended as a Leaders for Manufacturing fellow.Senior PartnerMcKinsey and CompanyMark Patel is a Senior Partner at McKinsey and Company in the San Francisco Office. Mark focuses on serving clients where technologies come together in hard and complex ways, for maximum global impact. He co-leads the McKinsey Platform for Climate Technologies (MPCT), founded and leads McKinsey Internet of Things (IoT) work globally and is a leader in our global Semiconductor Practice. Mark is also a member of McKinsey own Technology Council. Mark engages with clients across sectors on strategy and operational topics. He has experience leading a diverse of engagements, from high growth programs to turnarounds. In all cases, he works closely with management to define a plan and deliver impact. A passionate believer in the impact that disruptive technologies (e.g., IoT, AI, next gen computing, synthetic biology) will have on improving our lives, work, climate, society, and health, Mark has committed his client and professional focus to these issues. Mark has led programs to support some of the most iconic companies in advanced industries to embrace disruptive technologies across their products and operations. He combines an understanding of technology with has deep operational experience. His recent work has also included supporting clients in their development of resilient global supply chains and navigation of future manufacturing strategy. As a leader within McKinsey global Sustainability work, Mark set up and co-leads our Platform for Climate Technologies (MPCT). Within the MPCT, 12 global priority technologies have been identified and a team of over 500 colleagues globally are now engaged to directly support clients in the development and scaling of the most important technologies for the net zero transition. Mark is also a champion for decarbonization in key sectors. He co-leads McKinsey work to support decarbonization in semiconductors, an effort which is close to his heart and experience. Mark has hands on experience in building early-stage high growth businesses. Outside McKinsey, he was part of themanagement team that grew a synthetic biology and renewables business from lab to commercial scale and IPO in less than 5 years and where he continued as public company executive officer. Previously Mark was part of a team which created one of Europe’s first mobile application software businesses, building on novel NLP technology. Mark started his career as an automotive engineer with Ford in the UK. Mark holds an MBA from Stanford University and both Masters and Bachelors degrees in Manufacturing Engineering from the University of Cambridge, UK.
2:00 pm – 2:30 pm PDT
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersSenior Vice President and General Manager, Connectivity, Cloud and NetworkingQualcomm Technologies, Inc
Rahul Patel serves as Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Connectivity, Cloud & Networking Business Unit of Qualcomm Technologies Inc. In this role, Patel will help drive our strategy across Wireless Infrastructure and Networking (WIN); Mobile, Computing and connectivity (MCC); and Cloud/Edge AI that will support the billions of devices that are getting connected as every industry undergoes digital transformation.
Prior to joining Qualcomm Technologies, Rahul was the senior vice president and general manager for Wireless Connectivity in the Broadband and Connectivity Group at Broadcom where he managed the product roadmap, R&D engineering, marketing, business development and applications engineering organizations to expand Broadcom’s Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS leadership across all market segments. During his 13-year career with Broadcom, Rahul had a strong track record of developing successful product lines, driving P&L growth and developing strong teams.
Prior to Broadcom, Rahul worked at HIFN, Inc., Samsung Semiconductor, Tritech Microelectronics and EPSON/S-MOS Systems.
Rahul is a veteran of the semiconductor and telecommunications industry with more than 25 years of experience in engineering, product, and business development for networking and wireless connectivity solutions.
Rahul holds an MBA from Santa Clara University, a master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Arizona State University in Tempe, and a B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering from NIT in Warangal, India.Bob ODonnell (Moderator)President, Founder and Chief AnalystTECHnalysis Research
Bob ODonnell is the president, founder and chief analyst at TECHnalysis Research, a technology market research and consulting firm that counts many of tech industrys largest vendors among its clients. The firms research and ODonnells opinions are also regularly used by major media outlets, including Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg TV, CNBC, the Wall Street Journal, New York Times and more. ODonnell writes regular columns for USAToday and Forbes, as well as a blog for LinkedIn that is also published on TechSpot and SeekingAlpha.Prior to founding TECHnalysis Research, ODonnell served as Program Vice President, Clients and Displays for industry research firm IDC. ODonnell is a graduate of the University of Notre Dame.
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersCofounderWatershed Technology, Inc.
Christian is co-founder of Watershed, the enterprise climate platform. Watershed works with leading companies to help them measure, report, and act on their carbon emissions.Christian studied mathematics and physics at Harvard before building and running engineering teams at Stripe. While there he helped launch Stripe’s climate program, and experienced first-hand the pain of tracking, compiling, and structuring the carbon data needed to make everyday business decisions. Watershed was founded to make it easier to meaningfully reduce carbon emissions with modern tools.At Watershed, Christian leads a team of data scientists and engineers developing the systems and mathematical models that make sense of the scattered, unstructured data that makes up a corporate carbon footprint. He lives in San Francisco where Watershed is based.Vice President, Environmental, Social, Governance and Chief Sustainability OfficerVMware
Nicola J. Acutt, Ph.D., is Vice President, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) in the Office of the CTO. Nicola is a change maker, thought leader, and strategist whose leadership experience spans business, government, and nonprofits. She is responsible for sustainability across operations, product, and people, and is passionate about a business-focused approach to corporate sustainability strategy.
Hired in 2010 to launch the VMware Foundation, Nicola implemented a novel approach that calls upon the companys 18,000-plus global employees as “citizen philanthropists” to shape the direction of VMwares corporate giving. In 2014, she assumed additional responsibility as Vice President for Global Community Affairs, chartered with leading an effort to revitalize the companys values and employee experience. This work culminated in VMware being named one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the first time in 2015. Nicola now leads VMwares Sustainability Strategy focusing on the companys product impact as well as stronger operational efficiency and performance.
Prior to joining VMware, Nicola was a faculty member of the Presidio Graduate School in San Francisco, where she led Curriculum Development and rose to rank of Associate Dean. Earlier in her career, she worked as a consultant to the South African Government on natural resource policy and, as a Ph.D. candidate, undertook research at the Center for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment in the UK. Originally from South Africa, Nicola received a Commonwealth Scholarship to complete her Ph.D. at the University of East Anglia in the UK and has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersSuri Chawla (Moderator)Global Head - Cloud ServicesTech Mahindra (CLOUDNXT.NOW)Suri is a serial entrepreneur with over three decades in IT which includes experience in building successful global businesses for not only his own ventures but also for companies he worked for. He takes pride in having leveraged “Nearshore” as a key differentiator for both his entrepreneurial ventures that he started with US as its headquarters. He completed his degree in computer science from University of Ottawa (Canada) in 1983. He started his first venture, FocusFrame Inc. as a co-founder in 2001 with a successful exit in late 2006 to Hexaware Technologies. FocusFrame leveraged the concept of nearshore Mexico for the first time in 2001 and Suri found it a great complement to onsite and offshore options. While his current venture, Digital OnUs which was acquired by Tech Mahindra in 2021, delivered IP led Agile services around DevOps and other cutting-edge technologies, his vision to create a nearshore center in Canada and Mexico proved to be a great strategic differentiator again. At the time of acquisition, Digital OnUs had about 300+ Cloud Engineers/architects spread across 3 locations in Mexico (Monterrey, Saltillo and Guadalajara) and over 100+ Cloud Engineer/architects in two locations in Canada (Ottawa and Toronto).Group Manager, Raw MaterialsTesla, Inc.Mustapha helps CEOs bring their vision to life very quickly. Mustapha is an expert in scaling organizations and delivering outstanding impact toward their mission. His experience has been in growth, product development, engineering, go-to-market, operations, strategy, and cost management. Mustapha has demonstrated world-class achievements in these areas for Tesla, where his team is responsible for the $16B non-cells raw materials across both the Global Supply Management and Supplier Industrialization Engineering activities, including saving Tesla >$1B in COGS. Mustapha earned his MBA from the University of Oxford, Saïd Business School and his B.S. in Investment Finance and Operations & Supply Chain Management from Brigham Young University - Hawaii. Mustapha loves basketball, coaching and mentoring, and reading biographies.VP Platform Engineering and ArchitectureMcAfeeMahesh is a seasoned technology executive having previously held leadership roles at Kroger, Walmart, Ticketmaster / Live Nation, eBay, PayPal. He has also held various CXO roles in multiple startups in the Silicon Valley. His focus has been leading the areas of engineering execution, software architecture, product and operations. Mahesh comes with deep technical/product expertise in cloud native platforms - PaaS & SaaS, microservices, eCommerce, cyber, hyper-scale, digital transformation, data & machine learning, mobile. He has also been scaling/growing technology organizations through his experience in identifying, attracting and retaining talent in multitude of locations around the world.Consul and Senior Economic OfficerOntario (Canada) Trade and Investment OfficeChelsea Peet has served as the Consul and Senior Economic Officer leading the Ontario (Canada) Trade and Investment Office in San Francisco since November 2018. Co-located with the Canadian consulate, the office supports Ontario companies seeking to connect with new partners and buyers, and supports U.S. companies considering expansion opportunities in Canada. The office’s region covers California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, Alaska and Hawaii. Chelsea came to this role from Ontario’s Ministry of Intergovernmental Affairs – Cabinet Office, where, as the Senior Manager for International Operations, she led a team in the strategic planning and delivery of Premier-led international missions, as well as broader international engagement efforts in Ontario. She also previously served as the Senior Manager, as well as the Policy Manager, of the Program Policy and Design Unit at Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Chelsea has extensive policy and operations experience, and a broad background in international relations, including spending time with the Canadian Embassy in Washington, D.C, where she reported on trade issues and supported diplomatic outreach. She holds a Master of Arts degree from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, as well as an Honours Bachelor of Arts from McMaster University, with a focus on international relations and comparative politics/public policy.Director, International Promotion and Business DevelopmentSecretariat of Economic Development of the State of JaliscoMartha is an international businesswoman by profession, advisor to various companies and institution. As a professional, she has been involved in different areas, from the private sector in the logistics area, in academia and in the public sector in international areas, such as; International Trade with the European Union, international promotion of the State and attraction of foreign investment. Likewise, it is involved in the process of supplier development, import substitution and production chain. In her 17 years in the public sector and as specialist in attracting investment, she has managed to complete more than 160 investment projects for the State of Jalisco, which represented an approximate investment amount of 2,357.6 million USD and around 9,719 new jobs. Currently, Martha Padilla is in charge of the General Direction of Business Development and Investment Attraction in the Secretariat of Economic Development of Jalisco, where she is in constant contact with all national and international companies established or to be established in the State from different sectors such as the automotive, aerospace, information technology, electronic. manufacturing, to name a few, as well as managing various government incentive programs to attract investment.
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersJoel de la Garza (Moderator)Investment PartnerAndreessen Horowitz
Joel de la Garza is a partner focused on information security related investments and other chaos adjacent businesses. He believes information security is getting better with security products that combine usability and security, the move to the cloud, the rise of hardware-based multi-factor authentication, and other trends.
- 30 mins Hall A2SpeakersPartnerA. T. KearneyPS Subramaniam is a partner at Kearney based in the Dallas office. He serves as the Global Leader of the Supply Chain Plan Tower at the firm. He is a member of the Strategic Operations Practice and the Hi-Tech Practice at Kearney. He specializes in digital supply chain design and transformation, having driven tangible impact to several Hi-Tech, CPG and Retail clients. He has been an operator, having served in leadership roles at Manhattan Associates (a leader in supply chain software) and Nokia (a pioneer in mobile communications). He has lived in, and managed multi-cultural teams based in USA, Finland, India, South Korea and China. His thought leadership has been widely published in industry articles and the media. PS holds an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University, an MS in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research from Iowa State University and a BE in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bombay.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am PDT
10:30 am – 11:00 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCVC, VPApplied MaterialsMr. Anand Kamannavar serves as Vice President, Global Head of Applied Materials at Applied Ventures. He is appointed vice president and the Global Head of Applied Materials' venture capital fund. In this role, He manages Applied's > $400M global venture investment portfolio of 90+ companies across 17 countries. He has led over a dozen venture investments with successful exits including Adesto (NASDAQ: IOTS), Enphase (NASDAQ: ENPH), and Voltaix (acquired by Air Liquide). He has over two decades of experience in the technology and venture capital industry and new business development. He first joined Applied Ventures in 2006, with a focus on identifying and leading investments in the area of Semiconductor, Energy, Materials, and India. He then went on to head Applied's new business group which led to Applied's entry into Optics, Life Sciences, Materials, and other high growth markets. Previously Mr. Kamannavar worked at Atlas Ventures and Arch Development Partners looking at startups in the broader Alternative energy, Internet, Web 2.0, Media, Software, and Medical sectors. Before his career in venture capital, Mr. Kamannavar held various engineering and business development roles with Hewlett-Packard's server group in Richardson, TX where he was awarded key U.S. patents. He also co-founded Precision Information Systems which provides financial data and tools to leading financial institutions like Ameritrade, New York Life, and Intuit. Mr. Kamannavar received an MBA with Honors from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
11:00 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersVP, Strategy, Global Operations Strategy, Center of ExcellenceWestern DigitalJackie leads Global Operations Strategy for Western Digital. A passionate leader with proven success in transforming organizations through technology adoption, business process improvement and culture change. Jackie drives 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR) transformation, delivering world class operational excellence, augmenting workforce and driving sustainability implementation in global operations with a footprint of more than 12 factories across 6 countries. Jackie led company's advanced manufacturing sites and value chains to 5 World Economic Forum Global Lighthouse designations. 1st in the country of Malaysia, 1st in the country of Thailand and 1st in the Philippines. Jackie spear-headed ESG for global operations, took Western Digital to industry leadership in achieving 2 Sustainability Lighthouse designations from the World Economic Forum. Jackie has deep expertise in product and process development, program management and global operation delivering performance while improving organizational capability.VP, Head - Industrial AI LabHitachiChetan Gupta is a leader in the field of Industrial AI. At Hitachi, he is the GM of the Advanced AI Research Center in Japan, leads the Industrial AI Lab in NA, and leads the Global AI CoE. He is proud to be a part of one of the strongest teams in the area of applied AI that is building fundamental horizontal technologies for Industrial AI, building solutions across verticals, and opening new research frontiers in AI applied to real world challenges. Chetan has close to 200 papers and patents in the area of applied AI, data mining/machine learning, data stream systems, complex event and related topics. Chetan holds a Ph.D. in Mathematics and M.S. in Mathematical Computer Science and Chemical Engineering.Group VPC3 AIJeff Peters (Moderator)Ibex InvestorsPartner
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCTO, CSOMubadala VenturesRafic is a technologist and an educator with a deep passion for science and technology. As head technologist at Mubadala Ventures, he oversees the technology strategy for building the company’s investment portfolio. He has a diverse experience that spans across academia, government and industry. He is a long time veteran of the semiconductor field, serving in his most recent position as Executive Fellow of Globalfoundries. He began his career in academia, elevating to the rank of tenured Professor of ECE at UNC-Charlotte, and served in administration as Dean of IT at UAE University and VP for Research at Masdar Institute. In government, Rafic served as Head of Strategic Planning of the Abu Dhabi Education Council and senior advisor to the Director General. Rafic pioneered the iDDT pulse method for testing semiconductor integrated circuits. He has worked on research funded by DARPA, NSF, Intel, IBM, and Carolinas Medical Center, among others, and won several research awards including the 2002 First Citizen Research Scholar Medal and the ALCOA Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Semiconductor Research Corporation and serves on the SemiSynBio consortium and roadmap executive committee. Rafic is an avid advocate of individuals with special needs and currently serves as a member of the Community and Legacy Committee of the Special Olympics 2019 World Summer Games.CEOPrecision NeuroscienceMichaelMager is the co-founder and CEO of Precision Neuroscience, the only brain–computer interface (BCI) company developing implants that are designed to be high-resolution, minimally invasive, and reversible to improve millions of patients' lives who suffer from neurological illnesses.
Mager has built, invested in, and managed companies across diverse geographies and industries, with a focus on technology and technology-enabled businesses. He received his undergraduate degree from Harvard College and earned an MPhil degree in economic history from the University of Cambridge.
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersFounder, MDEclipse VenturesMr. Lior Susan is a Co-Founding Partner & serves as a Managing Partner at Eclipse Ventures. He serves as Chairman & Board Member at Owlet Baby Care. He also is a Co-Founder and serves as President and Board Member at Datorios. He is a Co-Founder and serves as Chief Executive Officer and Board Member at Bright Machines. He serves as Board Member at Augury, Swift Navigation, Toka, and Lucira Health. He served as Advisor at HoneyCo Homes. He served as Board Member at June, InsidePacket, 6 River Systems, Mavrx, Wavelet Health, and Boardwalktech. He founded Eclipse to meet the unique and unmet needs of entrepreneurs building startups integrating hardware with software and data. Prior to launching Eclipse, Lior was Founder and General Partner at LabIX, the hardware investment platform of Flextronics, the world's second-largest electronics manufacturing services and original design manufacturer. LabIX brings together startups, OEMs, and technology partners across the entire hardware ecosystem. At LabIX, he led investments in companies across energy storage, wireless / infrastructure, 3D optics, additive manufacturing, and robotics. He also co-founded Farm 2050, an AgTech Collective, with Innovation Endeavors to address the global food challenge. Prior to LabIX, he was part of the founding team of Elementum, Flextronics' proprietary SaaS platform which was later spun out. Before moving to Silicon Valley, He was a serial entrepreneur in Tel Aviv, where he helped build Intucell which was sold to Cisco in 2012. He also served as Advisor at ClearMetal. He served as Board Member at SwipeSense.PartnerHitachi VenturesMs. Gayathri Radhakrishnan serves as Partner at Hitachi Ventures. Ms.Radhakrishnan serves as Senior Director Venture Capital at Micron Ventures. She served as Venture Partner at Impact Venture Capital. Previously, she served as a Partner/ Mentor at Tech Ranch Austin. She also serves as an Executive at Micron Ventures Team. She is broadly focused on areas of IoT, Cloud, and Advanced Analytics. Prior to Dell, she was involved in the startup ecosystem as a Partner and Mentor at TechRanch Austin, a startup accelerator, as a VC at Earlybird Venture Capital, a top-tier European VC firm and in an operating role at an early-stage technology startup. She has an MS in EE from Ohio State University and an MBA from INSEAD. She is a Kauffman Fellow and also serves as a mentor at Techstars Cloud.Founder, MDUnicorn VenturesAnil is a Managing Partner at Unicorn India Ventures, a SEBI approved venture fund under AIF-I Category. Prior to setting up the Fund, he was heading operations at Mumbai Angels and Bangalore Angels, leading Angel Investment forums in India as President. His experience also includes corporate management functions in medium and large organizations,investment in start-ups, project management, joint ventures and business development. Mentoring startups is his passion and he also advises Governmental and industrial bodies on the same. Anil is a regular speaker at both domestic and International circuit on start-ups and early stage investmentPartner & Head, Lam CapitalLam ResearchAditya Raghupathy (Moderator)InvestorSchematic Ventures
Fireside Chat: Entrepreneurial Mindset in a Large Organization: How Startup Agility can Energize Corporate Innovation30 mins Hall A3SpeakersCEOFord Next LLCFranck Louis-Victor is CEO, Ford Next LLC, effective March 2, 2022. He reports to Marin Gjaja, chief customer officer, Ford Model e. Previously, Louis-Victor was vice president, New Businesses Platform. In this role, Louis-Victor was responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive strategic plan that included the company’s existing and emerging portfolio of capabilities in areas like autonomous vehicles and mobility services. Louis-Victor and his team nurtured new ideas through Ford’s incubator, Ford X, and accelerated development of disruptive technologies in areas that enable and enhance always-on relationships with customers. Prior to joining Ford in 2021, Louis-Victor oversaw development and implementation of new business models and revenue streams for Groupe Renault as vice president, New Medias and Services Innovation. For nearly three years from 2016, he was alliance global director, Connected Vehicles Cloud and Services, for the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. Louis-Victor spent several years in mobility and automotive startups after beginning his career in information technology in France in 1998. Louis-Victor has a master’s degree in physics from the University of Bordeaux in France and a bachelor’s degree in Automotive Design from the Franco Sbarro School of Automotive Design in Switzerland.Shiva Kumar (Moderator)Managing DirectorPiper Sandler
- 10:00 am – 10:15 am PDT
10:15 am – 10:45 am PDT
- 15 mins Hall J&KSpeakersCo-Founder & CEOAlchemy
Nikil Viswanathan is the co-founder and CEO of Alchemy, the world's leading blockchain developer platform. Alchemy is hailed as the fastest growing company in history after going from public launch to a $10.2 billion valuation in 16 months — all with just a 37-person team. Alchemy powers over $150 billion in transactions globally including the entire NFT industry and majority of top web3 companies. Alchemy is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Stanford University, Coinbase, the Google Chairman, founders and execs of Charles Schwab, Linkedin, NYSE, and many more.Nikil was honored as Forbes 30 Under 30, received his BS and MS in Computer Science at Stanford, and formerly did product management at Google, Microsoft, and Facebook. A serial entrepreneur, he co-created the #1 social app in the world, Down To Lunch, which was featured in international press such as a New York Times business cover story. He's been featured in numerous media outlets including CNBC, Bloomberg, New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, and TechCrunch.
10:45 am – 11:15 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall J&KSpeakersCEOGK Digital VenturesGreg Kahn is a catalytic force in the technology, media and entertainment industries, renowned for connecting innovators with investors, growing brands and driving billions of dollars in transactional deals. Greg is a 2020 recipient of CEO World’s Business Role Model of the Year. He’s also a former award-winning executive at the Meredith Corporation and Publicis Groupe who received his MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management and undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania. Greg’s powerful network of high-level business relationships and public sector leaders stretches from coast to coast and beyond. Earning the trust and respect of some of the biggest companies in the world, including Verizon, Comcast, T-Mobile, Mastercard, Disney, Procter & Gamble, Nestle, ADT Security, LG Electronics, Cox, Whirlpool, Bank of America and SwissRe to name a few, he has an unparalleled reputation for making the impossible possible. Passionate about creating a world of ethical connections, both human and through technology, Greg is a founding member of the Gun Safety Alliance and the Internet of Things Consortium, as well as a member of the Emma Bowen Foundation, the Guggenheim Technology and Innovation Council and an executive committee member of the UJA Federation of New York’s Entertainment, Media and Communications Division. Named a principal influencer driving IoT forward by Inc. and others, Greg is a regular keynote speaker and moderator at numerous industry events, including the Consumer Electronics Show.Co-Founder & CEOLayer-E
Anand has been a journalist and GTM strategist for FinTech. In the metaverse, he was Twobadour, Steward of the $250mn Metapurse Fund. With Metakovan, he won the historic $69 mn Christie's auction for Beeple's First 5000 Everydays. He was the executive producer of Dreamverse New York, the largest ever NFT Art Exhibition. As Co-Founder and CEO of Layer-E, Anand builds plug-and-play blockchain infrastructure for brands, creators and communities.Co-Founder and Co-CEOUpland.me
Based in Silicon Valley, Dirk is a serial entrepreneur and an early adopter of blockchain and related technologies. In addition to being the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Uplandme, Inc., Dirk co-founded and is chairman of the Open Metaverse Alliance for Web3 (OMA3). He is the author of the bestselling book, Navigating the Metaverse: A Guide to Limitless Possibilities in a Web 3.0 World (Wiley, 2022) and the official Metaverse ambassador of the Global Blockchain Business Council (GBBC).
Previously, Dirk co-founded European and US-based FinTech and digital media companies, including the Financial Times Deutschland and Forbatec, which SunGard acquired (today NYSE:FIS). Dirk mentored over 30 startups through his work at international startup accelerators in Silicon Valley and is a frequent speaker/panelist focusing on topics about the metaverse, blockchain, and platform economics. He studied Business Administration in Frankfurt and Paris and earned a Ph.D. from the European Business School in Germany, where he wrote his doctoral thesis about private and state-controlled currencies.FounderAudioChainPaula Reina has been in the blockchain space for 11 years and is the founder and CEO of Audiochain, a music blockchain platform for music rights, music licensing and generative AI. She is also the founder of Proliphip, a 360-blockchain company for smart contract development, smart contract auditing, tokenization, NFTs and more. Paula grew up in San Francisco, CA and has been a speaker at over 15+ conferences and is one of the first females in the industry to start Blockchain for Business workshops in San Francisco, CA and Miami from 2015 to the present day. She has also been named one of the TOP 100 Women of The Future (Blockchain Sector) by Global Village Publishing, Inc. on their new global book publication to recognize women innovators in Web3 and the Metaverse. Paula is also the former Director of Blockchain Business Development for The United States and Latin America for TRON DAO and BitTorrent and is also a Board Member for BITS NFT. She has collaborated with crypto exchanges and participated in crypto listings with Binance.US, Kraken and many more. Furthermore, Paula has over 20 years in the music industry and has had the opportunity to work at Def Jam Records, Interscope Records, Universal Music Group, Velvet Rhythm Ent., and The Musicland Group. Paula believes distributed ledger technology, the Metaverse and quantum computing/AI are key to innovating the future.General PartnerVenture Reality FundTipatat Chennavasin is a General Partner of the Venture Reality Fund investing in early stage VR, AR, AI and Metaverse companies. He has experience creating VR/AR content and became convinced of the power of VR when he accidentally cured himself of his real life fear of heights while developing in VR. He is an adviser for many VR and AR companies as well as a mentor for VR and AR incubators and accelerators around the world. The Venture Reality Fund has looked at over 7,000 startups in the space and invested in over 50, including Epic Games, the makers of Fortnite, the most successful VR games studio Beat Games, acquired by Facebook, and Rec Room, the first VR software Unicorn.
11:15 am – 11:30 am PDT
- 30 mins Hall J&KSpeakersCailleach De Weingart-Ryan (Moderator)General PartnerBlockchange PartnersCailleach De Weingart-Ryan is a General Partner at Blockchange Ventures. Cailleach De started her career in investment banking at Goldman Sachs, private equity at Advent International and management consulting at The Boston Consulting Group. She was Chief of Staff at the Center for Humane Technology, the not-for-profit behind the Netflix documentary, The Social Dilemma. She served on the leadership team for Trust at Airbnb and led strategy for the inaugural AI Ethics and Responsible Innovation team at TikTok. Cailleach De’s work in the Blockchain began in 2017 as an advisor to a Layer-1 protocol in Zug, Switzerland. Cailleach De focuses her investment efforts on new categories of business that could not exist without the Blockchain. She also supports portfolio companies on a range of strategic and operational challenges. Cailleach De received her MBA with honors from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and graduated with honors from Georgetown University with a degree in Mathematics and Classical Studies.Sr Director of Product Management, Emerging Tech & ProductsSalesforceGary Brandeleer is a visionary product leader at Salesforce, where he serves in the Emerging Tech and Products department. He is leading the product development of Salesforce Web3, a platform that enables businesses to leverage the power of blockchain and smart contracts to engage in new ways with their customers. Achieving product-market fit in six months, the product was launched in under a year, establishing Salesforce as a competitive force in the web3 space. Gary Brandeleer also played a key role in scaling Salesforce Field Service, contributing to areas such as Maintenance Management, IoT, and AI. Before joining Salesforce, he successfully digitally transformed Johnson Controls field service operations on a global scale.CMOHedera
Christian has two decades of experience in enterprise software in a variety of roles at startups and large companies, including marketing, product management, product marketing, and sales management, and is the Chief Marketing Officer for Hedera. He was previously the Vice-President of Marketing at DataStax, where he was responsible for developer education and open-source Apache Cassandra community initiatives during a period of hyper-growth. A Brit by birth, Christian has degrees from the University of Manchester and the London College of Music.Head of Global PartnershipsSardineMadhukar has always bet his career on next generation technology advancements. Starting from a humble background in India - he has lived and worked in 4 nations across the globe. He transitioned gradually from the hardware world to tech in 2009 in the world of electric and self drive / shared autonomous vehicles at Ridecell. There he was instrumental in launching some of the largest all electric global shared fleets. He then worked at Checkr to empower millions of people to get Gig jobs fast especially in the depth of the pandemic where he worked with some of the largest delivery and online brands to master remote hiring Since late 2021 he has been at Sardine building an ecosystem to empower traditional financial institutions and consumer brands as well as web 3 native companies to charter the future of digital money and blockchain. Sardine is a unified fraud AML and payments platform that allows money to move faster as well as safer across borders and entities.
11:30 am – 12:00 pm PDT
- 15 mins Hall J&KSpeakersCo-Founder & CEOSkale
Jack O'Holleran is a veteran entrepreneur and the CEO and co-founder of SKALE Labs, the core team behind the SKALE Network, a blockchain scalability platform that enables developers to build and deploy Ethereum applications quickly and cost-effectively. With over two decades of experience in enterprise software and blockchain technologies, Jack is a recognized expert in blockchain and decentralization. Prior to co-founding SKALE Labs in 2018, Jack founded several successful startups, including IncentAlign, a digital currency platform, and Aktana, the global leading machine learning/AI platform for the life science industry. He also held numerous senior roles at Good Technology, which was later acquired by Motorola, where he continued to serve as an executive. Throughout his career, Jack has been a driving force behind the development of innovative solutions that improve scalability, security, and user experience. Jack has been actively involved in the cryptocurrency industry since early 2013, and he is committed to creating a more open, transparent, and decentralized world by leveraging the transformative power of blockchain technology. Under his leadership, SKALE Labs has emerged as a leader in the blockchain industry, providing an innovative solution that enables developers to build and deploy decentralized applications quickly and cost-effectively. Jack earned his BS from the University of Nebraska, where he was a two-time letterman for the Nebraska Football team and twice named to the Academic All-Conference first team. He is a proud father of three young children and resides in San Francisco.
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall J&KSpeakersManaging PartnerGumi Cryptos Capital
Miko is a General Partner with gCC Gumi Cryptos Capital, a Silicon Valley investment fund with over $500M in assets including early-stage investments in unicorns like OpenSea, Yield Guild Games, VEGA Protocol, Qredo, Agoric, Astar and 1Inch Network.
Miko fell in love with open source software 25 years ago as chief Developer Evangelist for the Java Programming Language and Platform at Sun Microsystems. Since then he has been building open source software startups in Silicon Valley including raising over $50 million in venture capital for developer platform companies such as Gradle and financial infrastructure companies like Hazelcast and has participated in multiple exits including INFRAVIO, webMethods, and Db4O. He is a board member or advisor in successful startups like IntoTheBlock (algorithmic trading), LIT Protocol (NFT Access Control) and KEYLESS (ID infrastructure). He holds a Master’s degree in Neuroscience from Yale University where he worked on abstract computational neural networks.Dami Osunsanya (Moderator)DirectorSoftbank Opportunity FundPartnerGeneral Catalyst
Anand Chandrasekaran is a partner at General Catalyst, a venture capital firm that partners with founders from seed through growth stages to build companies that withstand the test of time. Anand drives General Catalyst’s investment activity in India and leads activity in the Consumer, Enterprise, Crypto, and Health Assurance areas.
Prior to joining General Catalyst, Anand was a CPO at Five9, Bharti Airtel and Snapdeal and a board member of Future Group India. Previously, he led over 80 seed investments in companies across a spectrum of industries from climate and agriculture to healthcare. At General Catalyst, Anand has backed a range of software and services leaders including Loop Health, OneCode, and FarMart.
Anand holds an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University, and a B.S. from PSG College of Technology, India. In 2010, Anand was named Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and in 2017, he was named to Fortune's ‘40 under 40’ India.FounderOrange Fund
- 30 mins Hall J&KSpeakersJim Louderback (Moderator)AuthorInside the Creator EconomyJim Louderback is among the most respected figures in digital media with a 30-year history of leadership at the intersection of traditional media, digital media, experiential events and technology. He recently ended an 8-year run with VidCon, starting in 2014 as editorial director of the industry track, taking over as CEO in 2017. In early 2018 he led the sale of VidCon to Viacom (now Paramount). He previously led investments in numerous startups as a Venture Partner at Social Starts, built and sold online video network Revision3 to Discovery, was editor-in-chief of PC Magazine and founding content lead for cable network TechTV. Jim writes the popular weekly newsletter "Inside the Creator Economy" on LinkedIn, develops, curates and moderates experiences globally, and co-hosts the Creator Feed podcast with Renee Teeley.Co-Founder & General PartnerDraper Round TableSiddarth Sridhar is the Co-Founder and General Partner of the Draper Round Table alongside Tim Draper, Sid Mofya, Joe Vezzani, and NBA All-Star Baron Davis. Sid S has held various roles at leading companies such as Apollo Global Management, Alchemy, FalconX, Celonis, SAP, and CasperLabs, and has also made significant contributions as a core team member of CityDAO, where he was the youngest signer. As a teenage intern with the Draper Network, Sid came up with the idea of the Draper Round Table at the end of a weekly Zoom call. In addition to his professional pursuits, Sid S has an educational background from the Management, Entrepreneurship, and Technology Program at UC Berkeley.Entrepreneur, CMOSelf EmployedJeremiah is well recognized by both the tech industry and the media for his grounded approach to deriving insights through rigorous research. Jeremiah is the former CMO of RLY Network Association a Web3 project backed by a16z, Coinbase Ventures, Battery Ventures and others. From corporate innovation, autonomous technology or modern wellbeing, he views every aspect of emerging technologies through the lens of growth, opportunity and constantly shifting consumer behaviors and expectations. Forever at the forefront, he identifies trends and advises major companies to adapt their business models to better connect with customers. His clients include Adobe, Cisco, Wells Fargo, Nestle, Esurance, Johnson & Johnson, Visa, and Colgate among others. An acknowledged thought leader and widely read publisher, Owyang has appeared in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today and Fast Company. He also publishes numerous research reports, playbooks and frameworks to help businesses navigate change, improve customer experiences and identify trends before they happen. Owyang's career took shape as an analyst with Forrester Research, advising on social strategy for the interactive marketer. He was a Founding Partner and Research Director at Altimeter Group, specializing in customer strategy and emerging technologies. He formed Catalyst Companies in 2013 to focus on the emerging collaborative economy and the maker movement. Owyang is recognized as the definitive authority on corporate innovation programs, ready to translate the next wave of powerful technologies and transform the way you do business. A popular speaker and presenter at conferences and events around the world, from global conferences, corporate kickoffs, or on a TED stage, Jeremiah is ready to translate the next wave of powerful technologies and transform the way you do business.Co-Founder & CEOnWayTaehoon Kim (TK) is a serial entrepreneur in the high-tech and online gaming sectors. As the co-founder and CEO of nWay, a San Francisco-based developer, publisher, and platform for web2 and web3 games across mobile, PC, and consoles, TK plays various roles in the development and marketing of all the company's products. nWay was acquired by Animoca Brands in 2020 and currently operates as an independent subsidiary. nWay has a strong track record of developing high-quality multiplayer games on mobile, PC, and console, such as ChronoBlade, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, WWE: Undefeated, Battlepalooza, and Olympic Games Jam: Beijing 2022. Previously, TK co-founded Nurien Software, which created the 3D virtual world platform Nurien and launched the successful music-based online game MStar. Nurien received over $25 million in venture funding and was eventually acquired by Netmarble. Before Nurien, TK led the Korean studio for Realtime Worlds, a UK-headquartered developer behind Crackdown and APB. Taehoon is also an advisor to various successful tech startups, including SundayToz, Coffee meets Bagel, and Cloudgine. Early in his career, TK was part of Samsung Electronics' New Business Development team, where he worked as a product manager for their smartphone-based mobile gaming platform. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering and a Master of Engineering degree in Operations Research and Information Engineering from Cornell University.Co-Founder & CEOVirtualness
- 30 mins Hall DSpeakersCEOAncestryDeb Liu is the President and CEO of Ancestry. With over 19 years in the tech industry, she has been named one of Business Insider&rsquo;s most powerful female engineers and one of PaymentsSource&rsquo;s most influential women in payments. She was previously a senior executive at Facebook, where she created and led Facebook Marketplace, a platform for millions of people to buy from and sell to one another. She also led the development of Facebook&rsquo;s first mobile ad product for apps and its mobile ad network, in addition to building the company&rsquo;s games business and payments platform, which includes Facebook Pay. Prior to Facebook, she spent several years in product roles at PayPal and eBay, where she led integration between the two products. She serves on the board of Intuit and Ancestry and is a seed investor and advisor to several startups. She also holds several payments- and commerce-related patents. Actively involved in promoting diversity in tech, Deb founded Women In Product, a nonprofit with over 30,000 members, with the goal of connecting and supporting women in the product management field. She is a member of the Committee of 100, a group of prominent Chinese Americans, and was named an A100 by Gold House, an honor recognizing impactful Asian Americans. Deb received a BS in Civil Engineering from Duke University and an MBA from Stanford&rsquo;s Graduate School of Business. Each week, she posts her thoughts in Perspectives, her Substack newsletter. She lives in California with her husband and three children, and enjoys chronicling their family adventures in her Mommy School comic strip.Freelance WriterEditorAlastair Goldfisher is a Bay Area-based venture capital-focused independent content writer and conference specialist. He was a longtime business journalist, having covered the venture capital community, startups and multiple tech sectors in the last 3 decades. Most recently, he served as editor of Venture Capital Journal for more than a decade.&nbsp;Prior to that, he was a reporter at the Silicon Valley Business Journal, reporting on venture, finance, tech, small business and other news. He was on the beat in August 1995 when Netscape went public. He was also the founding editor of California CEO and has freelanced through his career. His latest conference work included producing the content and recruiting for the Women&rsquo;s Venture Capital Summit, a 2.5-day event in Half Moon Bay, California in February.
- 2:30 pm – 2:45 pm PDT
2:45 pm – 3:30 pm PDT
- 15 mins Hall A2SpeakersPartnerClearvision VenturesShomit Ghose is currently a partner at Clearvision Ventures, a Silicon Valley Venture fund focused on energy and infrastructure sustainability. Previously, he was general partner at ONSET Ventures, where he led investments in early-stage, data-centric start-ups from 2001 through 2021. Prior to entering venture capital, Shomit spent 19 years as a start-up entrepreneur, serving in virtually all functional roles, and participating in multiple successful exits, including Sun Microsystems, Broadvision and Tumbleweed. Shomit has held an appointment as lecturer at UC Berkeley's College of Engineering for many years, teaching data applications, and is also an adjunct professor of entrepreneurship and innovation at the University of San Francisco. He serves on both public and private boards, and multiple scientific advisory boards, in both the US and Europe. Shomit received his degree in computer science from UC Berkeley.
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm PDT
- 45 mins Hall A2SpeakersJeremiah Owyang (Moderator)CEOCatalyst Companies
Jeremiah is well recognized by both the tech industry and the media for his grounded approach to deriving insights through rigorous research. From corporate innovation, autonomous technology or modern wellbeing, he views every aspect of emerging technologies through the lens of growth, opportunity and constantly shifting consumer behaviors and expectations. Forever at the forefront, he identifies trends and advises major companies to adapt their business models to better connect with customers. His clients include Adobe, Cisco, Wells Fargo, Nestle, Esurance, Johnson & Johnson, Visa, and Colgate among others.
An acknowledged thought leader and widely read publisher, Owyang has appeared in such publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today and Fast Company. He also publishes numerous research reports, playbooks and frameworks to help businesses navigate change, improve customer experiences and identify trends before they happen.
Owyang's career took shape as an analyst with Forrester Research, advising on social strategy for the interactive marketer. He was a Founding Partner and Research Director at Altimeter Group, specializing in customer strategy and emerging technologies. He formed Catalyst Companies in 2013 to focus on the emerging collaborative economy and the maker movement.
Owyang is recognized as the definitive authority on corporate innovation programs, ready to translate the next wave of powerful technologies and transform the way you do business.
A popular speaker and presenter at conferences and events around the world, from global conferences, corporate kickoffs, or on a TED stage, Jeremiah is ready to translate the next wave of powerful technologies and transform the way you do business.
COOWeights & Biases
Yan-David Erlich ("Yanda") is the Chief Operating Officer of Weights & Biases, the developer-first MLOps platform. In this role, he has built out the GTM, Marketing, Data, BizOps, and Strategy teams.
Prior, Yanda was a General Partner at Coatue where he helped start and ran the enterprise investing practice for Coatue's Venture funds (investing in Seed through Series B companies). He also personally led Coatue's AI/ML investments in Weights & Biases (Series A), Impira (Series B), Infinitus (Series A), Fin (Seed & Series A), Abacus (Series B), Covariant (Series B), and Raycast (Series A).
Yanda is a 4-time venture-backed Founder/CEO, most recently of Parsable: the Connected Worker platform for industrial teams. He also founded ChoiceVendor (acquired by LinkedIn), Mogad (acquired by Qualcomm) and Happiness Engines. He is an active angel and an early investor in Mixer Labs (acq. Twitter), Thumbtack, MasterClass, CircleUp, and Buddybuild (acq. Apple).
Yan-David started his career with software engineering and product management roles at both Google and Microsoft. He has a Bachelor of Science in both Computer Science and Electrical & Computer Engineering from Rice University (Phi Beta Kappa) and an MBA from Stanford's Graduate School of Business where he was an Arjay Miller Scholar. Mr. Erlich has been featured in Forbes, Fortune, Fox, the Wall Street Journal, and the World Economic Forum (WEF).Sr Advisor AI/ML| Startups and VCAWSDeepam Mishra is a Sr Advisor to AI/ML Startups at AWS. He is leading Strategy for Generative AI Startups and Co-Innovation. Before joining AWS, Deepam co-founded and led AI Country Plan at Microsoft Corporation and started the AI Startup Program at Wipro Technologies. Deepam has been a serial entrepreneur and investor, having founded 4 AI/ML startups in areas including computer vision, robotics and security. He was the CEO/founder of Venture Factory - a global incubator and seed fund that created multiple successful impact startups including in mobility, sustainability and healthcare. Deepam has a BSEE from Indian Institute of Technology, an MSEE from Texas A&M and an MBA from The Wharton School. He has 5 US patents and numerous publications. He is based in the Silicon Valley.CEOZero SystemsAlex Babin is the Co-founder & CEO of Zero Systems, a VC-backed AI startup headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. The company offers an operating and orchestration system for building, deploying, and maintaining AI applications to augment knowledge workers at large enterprises. Knowledge work is a people-dependent business requiring specialists that are expensive, difficult to scale, and subject to attrition. Using Zero Systems, enterprises can increase revenue, improve profitability, and enhance worker satisfaction. Zero Systems was recently recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor in data-centric AI.
Mr. Babin is a serial entrepreneur and seasoned CEO with over 20 years of experience in the automotive, SaaS, and AI industries. His first technology startup, which he founded at the age of 24, was a hybrid vehicle company funded by DFJ. Alex founded Zero Systems in 2015 with the aim of substantially increasing knowledge worker productivity by combining cutting-edge technology with advanced security and a user-centric application design. Alex is an expert in generative AI and large language models (LLM) with a focus on enterprise use cases. He is routinely featured in op-eds and media interviews at elite business and technical publications.VP and GM, Data AI Cloud& Execution Strategy (DACES)Intel Corporation
Kavitha Prasad leads Intel's overall AI strategy and execution efforts. She has held several engineering and leadership roles in her 20+ years tenure in the industry, and as an experienced Business and Technology leader across a wide range of system applications, system architecture, business development, and go-to-market strategies, Kavitha has delivered competitive solutions to Cloud, Enterprise, and Embedded markets.
Her broad hardware and software experience enables her to provide multiple successful products in ASICs, SOCs, FPGAs, and servers across various process nodes. In addition, leveraging her passion for building authentic customer relationships and coupling it with her technical engineering and business acumen, Kavitha delivers AI and Machine Learning solutions in training and inference across edge to cloud. Kavithare-joined Intel in 2021 to drive Intel's AI strategy and execution efforts. Before re-joining Intel, Kavitha was VP, Business and member of the founding team at SiMa.ai and served as director of engineering at Xilinx Corporation.VP of Marketing and GrowthCohereRajan Sheth is the VP of Marketing and Growth at Cohere. He's also an investor in early to mid-stage B2B SaaS companies. Rajan was a technologist in his previous life with roles in engineering and product. Since the last decade, he's been leading marketing and growth for B2B platforms through bottoms-up and enterprise sales-led go-to-market motions.
Previously, he led Heroku's (Salesforce Platform) Marketing and growth organizations resulting in 10x revenue growth to $550 mil ARR. Before Heroku, he led Growth for Box and scaled marketing efforts through their IPO phase. Before Box, Rajan was a founding member of a start-up at HP Enterprise, focused on building self-service platforms from the ground up for dev ops and developer products across database, security, and APM spaces. He led the marketing, growth, and analytics organization for the Online business platform that later became the SaaS business for HP Software.
Rajan has a Bachelor's in Computer Science and a Masters from UCLA Anderson business school.
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A4SpeakersDeepam Mishra (Moderator)Sr Advisor AI/ML| Startups and VCAWSDeepam Mishra is a Sr Advisor to AI/ML Startups at AWS. He is leading Strategy for Generative AI Startups and Co-Innovation. Before joining AWS, Deepam co-founded and led AI Country Plan at Microsoft Corporation and started the AI Startup Program at Wipro Technologies. Deepam has been a serial entrepreneur and investor, having founded 4 AI/ML startups in areas including computer vision, robotics and security. He was the CEO/founder of Venture Factory - a global incubator and seed fund that created multiple successful impact startups including in mobility, sustainability and healthcare. Deepam has a BSEE from Indian Institute of Technology, an MSEE from Texas A&M and an MBA from The Wharton School. He has 5 US patents and numerous publications. He is based in the Silicon Valley.Chief AI Officer & Chief ScientistFiddler AIKrishnaram Kenthapadi is the Chief AI Officer and Chief Scientist of Fiddler AI, an enterprise startup building a responsible AI and ML monitoring platform. Previously, he was a Principal Scientist at Amazon AWS AI, where he led the fairness, explainability, privacy, and model understanding initiatives in the Amazon AI platform. Prior to joining Amazon, he led similar efforts at the LinkedIn AI team, and served as LinkedIn's representative in Microsoft's AI and Ethics in Engineering and Research (AETHER) Advisory Board. Previously, he was a Researcher at Microsoft Research Silicon Valley Lab. Krishnaram received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University in 2006. He serves regularly on the senior program committees of FAccT, KDD, WWW, and related conferences, and co-chaired the 2014 ACM Symposium on Computing for Development. His work has been recognized through awards at NAACL, WWW, SODA, CIKM, ICML AutoML workshop, and Microsoft's AI/ML conference (MLADS). He has published 50+ papers, with 4500+ citations and filed 150+ patents (70 granted). He has presented tutorials on privacy, fairness, explainable AI, responsible AI, and model monitoring at forums such as KDD ’18 ’19 '22, WSDM ’19, WWW ’19 ’20 '21, FAccT ’20 '21 ‘22, AAAI ’20 '21, and ICML '21, and instructed a course on AI at Stanford.CEOTruEraWill is CEO and Co-founder of TruEra, the leading AI Quality software company. Will became passionate about addressing the challenges of building, explaining, testing and monitoring high quality machine learning and algorithmic systems for enterprises when he experienced them firsthand while leading both product development and customer-facing teams at his prior startup, BloomReach. Prior to TruEra, Will held a variety of leadership roles at three successful startups, BloomReach, Clearwell Systems (acquired by Symantec) and Neoteris/Netscreen (acquired by Juniper Networks). Will holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA from Dartmouth College.Head of Implementation and ConsultingCopy.aiRobert Moseley IV is a seasoned professional in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) with over a decade of experience in implementing and consulting on AI solutions. He is currently the Head of Implementation and Consulting at Copy.ai, a company that leverages AI to help businesses create high-quality content.Prior to his current role, Robert has held various leadership positions in AI-focused companies such as Moveworks and Cloudinary. He has a strong background in engineering and architecture, which has enabled him to design and implement AI solutions that are tailored to meet the specific needs of his clients.His expertise in AI and his ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and understandable manner make him a valuable asset to any organization looking to leverage AI to drive business growth.
- 30 mins Hall A4SpeakersShaloo Garg (Moderator)Managing DirectorMicrosoft StartupsShaloo Garg is Managing Director, Growth Stage Startups & Unicorns based out of Silicon Valley and Global Lead for Microsoft Global Social Entrepreneurship Program. She brings a combination of strong startup, enterprise, strategic partnership and corporate development experience. Previously, at Oracle, Shaloo was a Partner, Global Oracle Innovation at Oracle where she led the Global Corporate Innovation practice of commercializing revenue opportunities for AI startups into enterprise customers and partner ecosystem. She has also led go-to-market for Oracle's Cloud business and was in M&A team that acquired Peoplesoft, Siebel, Retek etc. Prior to joining Oracle, she was in a couple of early stage startups. Shaloo is passionate about Tech for Good and is President, BOD at UN Women, Silicon Valley , a "Champion of Innovation" at UN Women advocating and building programs to increase opportunities for educating young girls in developing economies. Shaloo was recently announced as the BOD at NASDAQ Entrepreneurial Center focused on Data&AI. Shaloo strongly believes that technology is the strongest catalyst for driving change for social issues like hunger, poverty, STEM education, clean water, energy, sustainable cities etc in developing and under-developed economies. Shaloo is a Guest speaker at Penn Law School and is an MBA from Delhi University and has done specialization in Innovation and Design Thinking from Stanford d.School. Words to live by: "In life, there are no mistakes... only lessons" - Vic Johnson.Managing DirectorInsight Partners
Ganesh Bell joined Insight Partners as a Managing Director to invest in and help entrepreneurs build great software & data companies that will define modern enterprise and digital business. He has over 25+ years of rare experience as a builder and operating executive across startups, high-growth scaleups, global conglomerates, unicorns, successful exits, IPO, and M&A.PartnerLightspeed Venture PartnersRaviraj Jain is a Partner at Lightspeed, a global venture capital firm with $18B+ in capital under management and presence across India, China, South East Asia, Europe, Israel and North America. Raviraj has been with Lightspeed since 2017 and focuses on investments in AI, deep tech and enterprise software. Raviraj serves on the boards of companies like Snorkel AI, Fiddler AI, Tonkean, Dexterity AI and several others. Previously Raviraj was a product leader at LinkedIn. Raviraj holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a B.Tech from IIT Bombay.General PartnerUnusual VCGeneral Partner & Founding EngineerArray VCShruti Gandhi, is the founder of Array Ventures. Array Ventures is an enterprise data AI fund that invests at the preseed stage. She is based in Silicon Valley and has invested in over 75 companies in their preseed rounds which are now worth billions. With over 10 exits to companies such as Apple, Paypal, ServiceNow, Amazon, JAMF, and others. She is on Techcrunch 10 VCs that founders like list alongside investors from Greylock and First Round. She has attended Booth school of business and Columbia University for her Masters in Computer Science.PrincipalTau VenturesSonal is a Principal at Tau Ventures, investing in early stage AI startups in healthcare, enterprise, and automation. She began her career in buy-side M&A, evaluating multi-billion dollar deals at a Fortune 500 MNC in India, led business development at the top-rated heart hospital in India, and served as Chief of Staff to the CEO at Signos - a metabolic health startup. Sonal holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering, and an MBA in Healthcare Management and Finance from Wharton. Outside San Francisco, she feels most at home in remote corners of the world photographing wildlife.
- 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm PDT
3:15 pm – 3:45 pm PDT
- 45 mins Hall A3SpeakersPartnerMayfield
Arvind Gupta focuses on investments in Human & Planetary Health, where his mission is to invest in science based companies that could change history. Ranging from reinventing our food system to stopping climate change to novel therapeutics, Arvind was the first investor in breakout companies such as Geltor, Synthex, Prime Roots, NotCo, Prellis, New Culture, DNA Lite, Catalog, Prellis and Memphis Meats.
As Founder of IndieBio, Arvind redefined the pace and possibilities of early stage biotech, investing in over 136 companies in five years, defining human and planetary health, and growing the IndieBio portfolio into billions of dollars in value. Under his leadership, IndieBio expanded to New York and grew to fifteen investment professionals with a world renowned adjunct partner board. He now serves as Venture Advisor at IndieBio.
Arvind is the author of Decoding the World: A Roadmap for the Questioner, published by Twelve Books, a division of the Hachette Publishing Group. He was honored with the F50 Global Award for Impact in HealthTech Innovation. He is a frequent speaker at TechCrunch Disrupt, Slush, TedX and Future FoodTech. His work has been profiled in global media outlets such as Bloomberg News, Forbes, The Guardian UK, Neo.life, Nikkei News, Rotman, The Times of India, and CGTN in China. Arvind has been a guest lecturer at UCSF, MIT and Harvard and is a judge at the annual BIO conference startup stadium. Prior to founding IndieBio, Arvind was Design Director at IDEO in Shanghai where he earned numerous international design awards and presented his work at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. He was also a BASE jumper and big wall climber and now fights professional grappling.
Arvind received his B.S. in Genetic Engineering from UCSB. He holds 8 patents. Arvind is married to an Icelander and has two daughters.Managing Director of IndieBio and General Partner at SOSVSOSV/ IndieBio
"Coach Po" is Managing Director of IndieBio and General Partner at SOSV, the venture firm that backs IndieBio. SOSV and IndieBio have been ranked #1 most active VC in climate tech since 2011. Po is first investor in early-stage companies such as Prolific Machines, Puna Bio, Gozen Bio, Asterix Foods, Ozone Bio, Avalo.ai, Vertical Oceans, California Cultured, and others. He is also an investor in mid-stage companies such as Upside Foods, Mycoworks, Lingrove, Voyage Foods, Endless West, Zymochem, Beeflow, New Culture, Finless Foods, NotCo, and EVERY Co.
Po was a finance and tech journalist covering Silicon Valley for Wired, The New York Times Magazine, and an oped contributor for The Wall Street Journal. His science journalism has been honored with nine national awards, and he is the author of seven New York Times bestselling books that are available in 28 languages worldwide. His work has been cited in 185 academic journals and 503 books.
Most recently, Po is the co-author of Decoding the World: A Roadmap for the Questioner, published by Twelve Books, a division of the Hachette Publishing Group.
3:45 pm – 4:30 pm PDT
- 30 mins Hall A3SpeakersAssociate ProfessorStanford University
Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University
Dept. of Energy Science Engineering, Stanford Doerr School of Sustainability
Photon Science, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Director, SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis
Thomas Francisco Jaramillo is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering and of Energy Science Engineering at Stanford University, along with a faculty appointment in Photon Science at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory. He serves as Director of the SUNCAT Center for Interface Science and Catalysis, a joint partnership between Stanford and SLAC. Prof. Jaramillo's research efforts are aimed at developing catalyst materials and new processes to improve sustainability in the energy and chemical sectors. A key emphasis is engineering catalyst materials at the nano- and atomic-scale to induce desired properties, and then on designing and developing new technologies that employ them. Examples include electrified processes to convert water, N2, and CO2 into valuable molecular products such as hydrogen (H2), ammonia-based fertilizers, and carbon-based products (e.g. fuels, plastics) for use in transportation, agriculture, energy storage, and in the chemical industry, among others. The overarching theme is the development of cost-effective, clean energy technologies that can benefit society and provide for economic growth in a sustainable manner.
Prof. Jaramillo has authored over 200 publications in the peer-reviewed literature in these areas, and has earned a number of honors and awards for his efforts. Honors include the Paul H. Emmett Award in Fundamental Catalysis (2021) from the North American Catalysis Society, the Resonate Award (2014) from the Resnick Institute, the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists & Engineers (PECASE, 2011), the U.S. Dept. of Energy Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Program Research & Development Award (2011), the National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award (2011), and the Mohr-Davidow Ventures (MDV) Innovator Award (2009). Prof. Jaramillo is on the annual list of Highly Cited Researchers by Clarivate Analytics, ranking in the top 1% by citations (2018-present).
Professor Jaramillo is from Carolina, Puerto Rico, earning a BS in chemical engineering at Stanford University and MS and PhD degrees in chemical engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB). He then pursued post-doctoral research as the Hans Christian Orsted Postdoctoral Fellow at the Technical University of Denmark, Department of Physics, prior to joining the Stanford faculty.
- 45 mins Hall A3SpeakersDirector of the Innovation and Partnerships OfficeLawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Matt Garrett is the Director of the Innovation and Partnerships Office (IPO) at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). The Innovation and Partnerships Office serves as the focal point for LLNL engagement with the private sector and advances the development and commercialization of LLNL scientific discoveries with intellectual property protection, support and structures for effective collaborations, entrepreneurship training, and pursuit of business development activities. The IPO focus is to identify new economic opportunities and potential solutions and to ensure the most promising are transferred to the private sector through licensing or partnerships for the benefit of the U.S. economy.
Prior to joining LLNL, Matt served as the Chief Technology Officer and Director of Technology Transfer and Private Partnerships at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory, managed and operated by Stanford University. Matt managed the technology transfer strategy and mission operations at SLAC and was the focal point for private industry engagement across the SLAC complex. Prior to joining SLAC, Matt served as Commercialization Manager in the Technology Transfer Office at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL), where he managed the intellectual property portfolio and commercial licensing of technologies. Prior to his roles at ORNL, Matt served as deputy director of the Center for Technical Intelligence Studies and Research at the Air Force Institute of Technology,
Matt also previously served as a senior scientist/program manager with Nomadics, Inc. While with the company, he participated in the development and manufacturing of handheld and robot-mounted explosives detection platforms, leveraging amplifying fluorescent polymer technology licensed from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where he served as a visiting scientist in the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies. The detection platform was named one of the US Army's Top 10 Inventions of 2005, which led to its eventual acquisition by ICx Technologies and FLIR Systems (now Teledyne).
Matt was a 2022 Department of Energy Oppenheimer Science and Energy Leadership Program fellow, a past recipient of an R&D 100 Award, and currently serves on the National Laboratory Technology Transfer Council. Matt received a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Florida State University and a master's degree in chemistry from The Pennsylvania State University.Founder, Energy and SustainabilityPlug and Play Tech Center
Wade is the founder of Energy and Sustainability practice at Plug and Play. Plug and Play is the largest corporate innovation center and one of the most active early stage investors globally. Wade works closely with entrepreneurs, corporate innovation leaders, and investors with a focus on the energy industry value chain.
Previously, Wade worked in solar, published scientific articles, and led business development efforts in a startup.
Wade holds a master degree in Chemical Engineering and a master degree in Petroleum and Natural Gas engineering. His passion is at the intersection of technology and business.Marsha Vande Berg (Moderator)DirectorMJGlobal Insights (MJGI
Marsha Vande Berg is a corporate director and advisor with expertise internationally in governance, sustainability investment and C-suite management. She brings a unique global lens to her appreciation of the dynamic complexities that describe sustainability, corporate governance and new technologies today. She has served as a CEO of an NGO; independent director, Tata Capital, Singapore and London and currently, Quantum Advisors Pte. Ltd. in Mumbai. She has held senior executive roles at large news publications. She is a writer, editor and mentor. Her thought leadership centers on sustainability as an investment management tool. She is lead director of an Atlantic Council project: IndiaG20 in the Limelight: Energy transition and the promise of governments, technology and the US-India Corridor. She authors the Sustainability Stars column for Callaway Climate Insights. As consultant and dba MJGlobal Insights, she counsels mid- to late-stage private companies on sustainability risk management strategies. She holds an IFRS/SASB Level 1 Fundamentals of Sustainability Accounting certificate. She is a qualified NYSE/SEC financial expert.
Recognized as a strategic leader and internationalist, she credits her engagement as a Distinguished Careers Fellow at Stanford University and her nearly decade-long executive leadership role as CEO of the Pacific Pension and Investment Institute. One of several institutional milestones was leading PPI's strategic build-out of its Asia Pacific platform for the benefit of a prominent institutional investor membership and their investment due diligence. Her earlier work as a journalist, culminating in her ownership of a weekly newspaper, likewise proved formative in her career on the global stage.
Her non-profit engagements are an extension of her professional interests in the Asia Pacific, corporate governance and education generally. A member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Bretton Woods Foundation, she is an advisory director of the RAND Center for Asia Pacific Policy and serves as Treasurer and Finance Chair of the Japan Society, Northern California. She is a member of the OMFIF Advisory Council and The Asia Foundation's President's Leadership Council. She is affiliated with a number of prominent organizations that promote corporate board service.
She holds a Ph.D. from Vanderbilt University and an MA from Duke University. She lives in San Francisco with her husband, Jim Fuller, and is an avid biker, hiker and cook.Head of Suzuki Innovation CenterSuzuki Motor CorporationVipul Nath Jindal, is the Head of Suzuki Innovation Center, that focuses on fostering open innovation and collaboration in the India-Japan corridor. As an IIT Hyderabad graduate, he has made a mark by becoming Suzuki Motor Corporation's first international employee at its Japanese Headquarters. Throughout his career, he has successfully spearheaded numerous multi-million dollar projects in advanced technologies, while recently transitioning to business diversification & strategy roles for the Suzuki Group that focuses on rural innovation, climate tech, and more.
TiEcon 2023 Tracks
AI/ML: Latest Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Creating the AI future on Cloud & Edge
Cybersecurity and Compliance
Defending Our Digital Lives
- Climate Tech
The Scope, Technologies and Opportunities in Climate Change
- Global Connect
Expanding entrepreneurial and technological networks across the globe
- Generative AI
The Next Frontier: Generative AI
Healthcare Disruption: Redefining the Future
A New Era of Innovation and Patient Care
Riding the Waves of Disruption
- Rocketship India
Riding the wave of India's Tech Revolution
- Supply Chain
Transforming the supply chain to be smart & sustainable for the digital age volatility & complexity
- Web3 & Metaverse
Web3 & Metaverse
Where Web3 & Metaverse technology meets the future of business and innovation.
AI/ML: Latest Advances in Artificial Intelligence
Creating the AI future on Cloud & Edge
Cybersecurity and Compliance
Defending Our Digital Lives
The Scope, Technologies and Opportunities in Climate Change
Expanding entrepreneurial and technological networks across the globe
The Next Frontier: Generative AI
Healthcare Disruption: Redefining the Future
A New Era of Innovation and Patient Care
Riding the Waves of Disruption
Riding the wave of India's Tech Revolution
Transforming the supply chain to be smart & sustainable for the digital age volatility & complexity
Web3 & Metaverse
Where Web3 & Metaverse technology meets the future of business and innovation.