September 2 – 3, 2020
THE WORLD’S LARGEST
Apply For TiE50
Recognizing World’s Technology
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley’s premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, and corporate executives.
TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner to create the infrastructure to run the awards program. All applicants are required to register on this website, http://tcn.one/tie50ap to be eligible for the TiE50 Awards Program. All information is kept confidential and will only be shared with TiE50 judges.
TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups. This program is not restricted to any specific technology segments. This year all TiE50 winners will be able to present to an audience of angels, TiE Charter Members, and executives. From the presentations on September 2nd, 12 companies will be selected (4 early-stage, 4 mid-stage, 4 later-stage) and given an exclusive opportunity to present to a live audience including a panel of venture capitalists, angels, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs to get feedback and exposure during the Startup Showcase Track on Wednesday, September 3rd at TiEcon 2020.
Since the inception of the TiE50 program, 84% of the winners and top startups have been funded with over a billion in funding. Many of these companies have gone public (IPO) or gotten acquired; at least 29 of the exits were over $100 Million. Companies like FireEye and Mulesoft had successful IPOs while Pearl Therapeutics was acquired by Astra Zeneca, and Velocloud was acquired by VMware.
We invite all startups worldwide, particularly early stage companies to participate.
The Application Process will close on August 1st at midnight PST.
The application is rigorously reviewed by a panel of judges including venture capitalists, angels, successful entrepreneurs and corporate executives. There is a nominal application fee as specified below, that includes two 2-day free passes to the TiEcon conference. TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on our website by August 17th. The Awards Ceremony will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center on Tuesday, September 2nd before the Grand Keynote.
1. Register your company for TiE50 on TheBizPlanner: APPLY NOW Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company. Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the application. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email.
Please Note: Only one entry per company is permitted.
2. Pay Registration Fees:
|Early Bird Tickets (Dates)||Price|
|Early Bird from today till April 1st||$550|
|April 2nd to July 1st||$750|
|July 2nd to August 1st||$950|
DEADLINES & DATES:
|February 7, 2020||Applications open|
|August 1st, 2020||Application due at midnight PST|
|August 17th, 2020||Winners will be announced by email and on our website|
|September 2nd, 2020||TiE50 Winners Announcements & Awards Ceremony|
|September 3rd, 2020||Winners will present Saturday morning.
Selected twelve companies will pitch during the afternoon Showcase Track
1. A coveted “TiE50 Winner” recognition and award.
2. Exposure to Venture Capitalists, Corporate Executives, Customers, attendees at TiEcon and beyond.
3. Opportunity to present in TiE Showcase Track in front of investors and others.
4. Access to the TiEcon Media Lounge and Tech Press to pitch your story.
5. Exhibit in the Startup Expo at the conference at a discount. Booth purchases are subject to availability on a first come basis.
6.Two complimentary passes to TiEcon 2-day conference.
What are the benefits for TiE50 Winners?
1. Receive an award during the ceremony before the Grand Keynote on Wednesday evening.
2. Present at TiE50 Showcase Track
- Thursday morning – 3 Minute pitch to audience including Angels, Charter Members, Corp Executives & General Attendees; with feedback and rating from audience
- Thursday Afternoon – Top 12 companies from above (4 early stage, 4 mid-stage, 4 later stage) get to present to audience with specific VCs investing in those stage companies; Angels and other distinguished executives and charter members invited to attend (along with general attendees)
3. Two t-shirts highlighting that you’re a TiE50 Winner – Wearing these around the show will allow winners to gain more visibility and allow for networking and discussions during the 2-day conference
4. Receive TiE50 Winner Placard for expo booth
- Must purchase expo booth (discounted rate available)
5. Ability to do Press Release
6. One mentorship session with TiE SV mentors (charter members and others) post the conference during 2020.
Do I qualify?
Companies must be less than 7 years old and privately held.
How do I apply?
Register your company for TiE50 on TheBizPlanner: Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
Nominating individuals must use website domain email addresses. Please go to the Registration page to follow the steps to apply. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email.
Only one entry per company is permitted.
How do I pay the application fee?
During the application process on TheBizPlanner you will be able to make the payment via PayPal.
What does the registration fee include?
1. Two complimentary passes with full privileges to the conference on September 2nd and 3rd.
- Additional registrations from the same company are offered at a 50% discount.
2. One annual TiE Silicon Valley Membership.
3. Discounted Expo Booth will be offered.
When is the application deadline?
August 1st, 2020 by Midnight, PST.
Who are the judges?
Judges identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley’s strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
How does the judging system work?
A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company’s IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to a final short list, that is further put through another level of final judging to pick the final TiE50 winners. Judges decision is final.
How many winners will be selected?
There will be fifty TiE50 Winners selected.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced by email and on the website on August 17th. Awards ceremony will be held before the evening Grand Keynote (Hall D) on Tuesday, September 2nd.
For more information regarding the TiE50 Awards Program, please contact: email@example.com