September 2 – 3, 2020
THE WORLD’S LARGEST
Apply For TiE50
TiE50 is TiE Silicon Valley’s premier annual awards program keenly contested by thousands of early to mid-stage startups worldwide. Participating technology startups benefit from significant exposure to venture capitalists, angels, corporate executives; and technology and business partnering/networking.
TiE50 has partnered with TheBizPlanner to create the infrastructure to run the awards program. All applicants are required to register on this website, http://tcn.one/tie50ap to be eligible for the TiE50 Awards Program. All information is kept confidential and will only be shared with TiE50 judges.
TiE50 awards recognize the top technology and technology-enabled startups. This program is not restricted to any specific technology segments. The Awards Ceremony will be held virtually this year in September. This year all TiE50 winners will be able to present to a live audience including angels, TiE Charter Members, corporate executives and conference attendees to get feedback and exposure during the TiE50 Showcase Track on Thursday, September 3rd afternoon at TiEcon 2020.
Since the inception of the TiE50 program, 84% of the winners and top startups have been funded with over a billion in funding. Many of these companies have gone public (IPO) or gotten acquired; at least 29 of the exits were over $100 Million. Companies like FireEye and Mulesoft had successful IPOs while Pearl Therapeutics was acquired by Astra Zeneca, and Velocloud was acquired by VMware.
We invite all startups worldwide, particularly early stage companies to participate.
The Application Process will close on August 17th at midnight PST.
The application is rigorously reviewed by a panel of judges including venture capitalists, angels, successful entrepreneurs and corporate executives. There is a nominal application fee as specified below, that includes passes to the virtual Road to TiEcon. TiE50 winners will be announced by email and on our website by August 24th.
TiE50 Winner Announcement
AMP Global Technologies
Aquila Systems Inc
Butterflies Dating and Socials
DVT Solution Pty Ltd
ERC Eye Care
KA Imaging Inc
LSK Technologies Inc.
SP ROBOTIC WORKS
The Indus Valley
Twixor (Appiyo Technologies Pte Ltd)
Zetaris Pty Limited
1. Register your company for TiE50 on TheBizPlanner: APPLY NOW Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company. Nominating individuals must use a website domain email address. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the application. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email.
Please Note: Only one entry per company is permitted.
2. Pay Registration Fees: $550
|February 7, 2020||Applications open|
|August 17th, 2020||Application due at midnight PST|
|August 24th, 2020||Winners will be announced by email and on our website|
|September 2nd, 2020||TiE50 Winners Announcements & Virtual Awards Ceremony|
|September 3rd, 2020||Winners will present Saturday morning|
1. A coveted “TiE50 Winner” recognition and award.
2. Exposure to Venture Capitalists, Corporate Executives, Customers, attendees at TiEcon and beyond.
3. Opportunity to present in front of investors and others.
4. Two complimentary passes to the virtual Road to TiEcon conference.
5. Highly discounted space ($150) for the virtual booth at TiECon showcase.
6. For the TiE50 winners: 1 hour of 1-1 Mentoring with an investor or a successful entrepreneur.
What are the benefits for TiE50 Winners?
1. Receive a coveted award and recognition given to a selected few companies after evaluation by investors and successful entrepreneurs from Silicon Valley.
2. Present at TiE50 Showcase: present to an audience with investors, entrepreneurs, corporate executives and conference attendees in September.
3. Ability to do Press Release.
4. One mentorship session with TiE SV mentors (charter members and others) post the conference during 2020.
Do I qualify?
Companies must be less than 7 years old and privately held.
How do I apply?
Register your company for TiE50 on TheBizPlanner: Any individual, founder, CTO, or authorized representative of a technology start-up can register their company.
Nominating individuals must use website domain email addresses. Please go to the Registration page to follow the steps to apply. Incomplete nominations or incorrect contact details automatically disqualify the registry. No further contact will be made. Successfully completed registrations are automatically confirmed by email.
Only one entry per company is permitted.
How do I pay the application fee?
During the application process on TheBizPlanner you will be able to make the payment via PayPal.
What does the registration fee include?
1. Two complimentary passes to the virtual Road to TiEcon. Additional registrations from the same company are offered at a 50% discount.
2. One annual TiE Silicon Valley Membership.
3. Generously discounted booth (at $150) for the virtual TiEcon Expo on September 2-3.
When is the application deadline?
August 17th, 2020 by Midnight, PST.
Who are the judges?
Judges identities, their affiliations, company representations, scoring patterns, and all information related to their participation in the TiE50 selection process will be held confidential. Judges will work independently and will not know the scores or identities of the other judges. Judges are selected only by invitation and are subject to TiE Silicon Valley’s strict confidentiality and disclosure guidelines.
How does the judging system work?
A team of carefully chosen panel of experts, including venture capitalists, angel investors, corporate executives and successful entrepreneurs, will screen the companies on TheBizPlanner Competition edition. Scoring is done on each company’s IP, business model, and team. This process pares down the applicant pool to a final short list, that is further put through another level of final judging to pick the final TiE50 winners. Judges decision is final.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced by email and on the website on August 24th.